The Opposite Of Me That I Don't Like

Jinx:

Berry had taken Sapphire over to her den to patch up her injured paw, and the rest of the pack was gossiping about the rogue wolf. Once Berry said she was okay I planned on finding out where she was from. She could be from one of the two other packs, or she could even be from the rogue pack that lives in the lone mountains. She could be dangerous because she's a rogue wolf, but she could be even more of a threat if she was from the rogue pack. The Rogue Pack's real name is unknown, but their brutality and their cruelty is known far and wide. The live just a bit north east of the Moonshire pack deep between two of the Lone Mountains.

I've grown up on stories that they feast on pack wolf's blood and can kill pups with just one look at them. The half moon rose high above us casting light over all and making the river that bent around the dens sparkle. Berry came out of the den, her fur sparkling from fresh blueberry juice, and from behind came Sapphire. Her white fur with bits of black fur clung to her bony frame. It was the exact opposite of my soft, long, black fur. It looked rough, and was very short. I felt half disgust, and half sorry for her, though I don't know why I felt sorry for a rogue wolf. Berry and Sapphire sat down in the middle of the camp along with everyone else. Most of my pack mates took notice, and gave the two of them room and wrinkled their noses at the rogue wolf. I jumped up on the fallen tree branch in the camp and held my head high to show my authority over the pack.

"Attention, as you know it is Leaf fall (season, fall). The time when the few flowers that grow here wither and when the frost forms on the ground. Let our ancestors of the Ice Lunar Pack guide us and let us be grateful for the safe journey from our Green Leaf (Spring/Summer) den" I announced. The pack howled to show they agreed and to show their joy. 

"All has been like any other year except for the rogue Buckeye found on our border" I said. The pack grumbled and starred at the rogue wolf known as Sapphire. The wolf crouched down low, holding her nose close to the ground.

"Rogue, come forth" I ordered. She limped towards me, her head held high and her tail down low. 

"You were found on our border, and treated by our medicine wolf. Your stay or leave will be decided when you are up to good health standards. What pack are you from or are you a loner?" I asked.

"I am..." she mumbled softly, barely audible

"Speak louder and clearly" I snapped a little harsher than I should have.

"I am former Moonshire pack wolf, I temporarily joined the rogue wolves and left" she explained. The last part had everyone mumbling and asking each other questions that one could only guess the answer to.

"You left the rogue pack?" I asked, curious now. No one leaves the rogue pack. They either fit in with the rest of the pack or are killed from what I've heard. They were ruthless rogue wolves that had formed a pack to survive the harsh conditions of life without a pack.

"I didn't fit in, so I ran away, but they broke my paw before I could manage to escape completely" she explained some more. 'For her to be able to escape means she was either lucky or very strong' I thought.

"Your other pack, the moonshire?" I asked. The moonshire pack was a proud pack, they loved to sing or howl up on the snowy mountains, and to show off their melodic, harmonic voices.

"They chased me away, they thought I was bad luck" she whimpered.

"Then we should get rid of her!" shouted Venom, a quick tempered female.

"Yes while she's still weak" Ryder agreed. He came up behind her and growled furiously in her ear causing her to leap back surprised. Sapphire backed up slowly. She limped with her broken paw backwards away from him. It was pitiful watching her, she coudln't even try to fight  back if she wanted to. Before she could really go any where Venom lunged for her back leg and snapped at her. Sapphire whimpered softly in pain, I could tell she was trying not to give them the satisfaction of hearing her yelp and beg to be let go.