Law of Magnetism; Opposites Attract Same's Repel

Sapphire:

After a goodnights rest in Berry's den and another mouthfull of herbs to keep my wounds from becoming infection I felt great. I limped outside and stretched. I heard someone yawn; Jinx. He starred at me with eyes filled with hate, and something else behind the hate. Probably anger I thought bearing my teeth and pulling back my ears. Jinx did the same showing anger and dominance in his stance. I looked away from him.

"You two sure are icy" Berry said as she glared back at Jinx.

"What do you mean?" I asked a bit confused.

"Cold, you two sure are cold towards each other" she explained.

"His problem, not mine" I replied. The sky started to become cloudy, a dark grey.

"Is it going to rain?" I asked Berry.

"No, it'll probably snow alot" she explained.

"I need your yelp, go and fetch Ryder and meet me by the blueberry patch just north east" Berry explained, I nodded my head and she sprinted away. I sniffed the air for his scent, I was becoming used to almost everyones scent now and his scent was easy to distinguish. Ryder's scent smelled simular to Jinx's but not as clean and pure.

"Ryder, Berry needs our help at the blueberry patch" I explained.

"Allright" he said nodded his head.

"What are we doing?" I asked.  "Didn't your pack ever search the territory for herbs?" Ryder asked.

"Well of course, but only the medicine wolves did that" I explained.

"How mouse-brained are they, what happends if the medicine wolf dies? Then no one knows about the herbs and how to heal the sick and wounded" Ryder growled.

"That's why we had more than one medicine cat bird-brain" I told him. Ryder didn't say anythign else. We reached the hill with all the blueberry's, strawberry's, and many other plants I didn't know of.

"Start looking for chamomile, borage leaves, wolf mint, and celandine" Berry ordered. I looked around feeling completely useless. I had no idea what herbs they were talking about.

"Look for celandine Sapphire. It a yellow, four petaled flower" Ryder instructed. I nodded and set of searching for it. I looked under a lot of bushes and it wasn't until I looked near a patch of strawberries did I find it. I yanked at the bottom of the stem until a large bunch of the plant came up.

"What's this for?" I asked with my mouth full of it.

"Buckeye needs it, it treats damaged eyes" Ryder explained.

"What happened to his eye?" I asked. Ryder's calm expression changed to an uneasy sad one.

"I wanted to go scare the bucks around the southern border when I was younger. Times were so good and I didn't know what I was doing. Buckeye and I encountered an angry buck, and he well. Buckeye's eye was hit with a hoof" Ryder whispered.

"Oh I'm so-" I started to say I felt sorry.

"It was all my fault, if I'd been a little wiser then. One more reason I wish to be beta" Ryder said.

"Why?" I asked. Why would anyone want to be beta of the pack, because then your alpha and you have everyone turning to you about every little thing I thought.

"So I can be taught by the alpha, to become wiser" Ryder told me.

"That's a noble reason" I said. So Ryder's not that bad after all.

"Allright lets go! We have to bring these herbs back, and patch up the dens before it snows to heavily" Berry announced. I noticed snow was begining to fall. I was about to rear up on my back legs, but then I remembered my wound. Awww! And I wanted to play in the snow!