Mutual Feelings

Picture of Binx -------->

Sapphire:

Yeah so I've decided to leave, but no big deal right? It's not bad that I don't really know where I'm going. Okay, so I'm going west, or am I going east. Which direction does the sun rise again. Yeah I don't know where, I just know I don't want to be around any pack. The Ice Lake Pack's scent was starting to fade as I trudged on closer, and closer to the boder or their territory. I waded through the river and started heading towards the hill and the patches of blue and straw berries. Their fruity scent smelled so sweet ,and with the hills behind the bushes any scent comming from the direction I was heading towards was completely invisible. A loud snarl caught my attention on the top of the hill. Oh. My I thought fearfully. 

"Come back eh?" growled a large black wolf with only one eye. 

"It's funny that even though I broke your paw you stlil escaped me" the wolf chuckled, his torn ear twitched slightly. My own ear twitched, listening, but no one was around.

"What do you want Viper?" I asked. 

"Your life, if you don't fit in the pack then you must die!" he snarled. Suddenly a diferent scent overwhelmed my sense of smell, and pain shot up the leg Venom had bitten earlier. Vixen, Viper's mate, bit at my leg and tore at it. I let out a pained filled yelp.

"Hold her still!" Viper ordered. He lunged for my throat, but I managed to duck; though it made the flesh of my leg held in Vixen's jaws tear even more. I can't dodge another attack, I can try but I'll surely die here I thought. 

Jinx:

"Alpha! Jinx!!!!" someone cried my name. Slowly I rose to my paws and stretched.

"Jinx! Jinx!" again the wolf cried my name, and I was still sleepily taking my time.

"Jinx!" yelled the wolf as they tumbled into my den. 

"What! I was sleeping and you shouldn't enter unless I allow you to" I growled half sleepily and half angry. 

"But Jinx, somethings happened to Sapphire" Berry explained. My body shook slightly, and I couldn't stop it. I shook my head.

"So, she's a rogue wolf. Something happends, it's not the packs case to worry about" I said in a cold, flat tone. Berry gaped at me though she should know I don't like rogue's. 

"That's, no" she whispered looking at me angrily.

"You may be the alpha, but you sure can be a pile of rotten old elk dung!" she spat at me. The words shocked me a little, but I didn't show the effect of her words on me. My chest, my heart felt heavy and empty. As if nothing were there.

"You have no authority to speak to me like that!" I snarled.

"Well I do if you talk about my friend like that!" she snarled back. By now the entire pack had crowded around and were watching the dispute between alpha and medicine wolf.

"Friends with a rogue? Are you insane" I spat at her. 

"Maybe I am if you consider it insane to stick up for your friends" she snarled back. 

"Then why don't you save her?" I asked.

"You know I can't fight! No medicine wolf from the Ice Lake pack has ever learned to fight! Apparently the alpha's for generations thought it was pointless since we're never in battle!" she spat. The last part wasn't true thought, medicine wolves were often in battle and often killed for their lack of battle expirience. A fallen medicine wolf in my pack was sad to say, extremely common.