True Mates

Jinx:

"Ice Lunar Pack had nothing to share" said Chocolate and Lightning, the alpha's of the Moonshire pack.

"The Ice Lunar's show a great darkness approaching" said Raven and Mako, alpha's of WillowGrass Pack.

"There must be something wrong with your pack then" Chocolate muttered, but WillowGrass's alpha's ignored. 

"Nothing either" I lied. I didn't feel like sharing my vision. 

"Then this meeting is closed" Lightning said. The other alpha's left, Ryder and I left as well. 

"Did you really mean it? Me as beta?" Ryder asked. 

"Yes, yo seem willing and able" I said. Ryder dipped his head down,  "I am honored. Thank you" he said. I nodded my head once in response. We hurried back to camp. Once back at camp I howled for the pack to gather.

"Attention my pack mates!" I called. They all say down to listen. 

"I have decided to name Ryder beta of the Ice Lake pack" I announced.

"Congratulations Ryder" the pack yipped in response.

"I'm so happy for you Ryder" Venom said, she crouched down low with her tail tucked between her leg.

"Thank you, I promise to work hard and do my best" Ryder replied. 

"Meeting over" I said. After yipping congrats to Ryder the pack eventually went back to doing what they were doing before. My gaze wondered over to the wolf slinking through the shadows. Piercing blue eyes met mine. My breath caught in my throat as I stared back. At first I wondered if it was Brownie, but then remembered Brownie had brown eyes. 

"Berry is that you?" I asked creeping closer. The wolf bared her teeth, growled, and crouched low to the ground in submission. 

"Oh it's just the omega" I snarled at Sapphire. I backed away and went to go talk to Ryder. Though Sapphire was a distance away I could still smell her scent. It was stronger than before and I felt drawn to it.

"You okay Jinx, you seem out of it" Ryder said.

"Yes I'm fine"  I lied.

"Just probably stressed. Nothing I can't fix" Brownie said in a tone she thought was seductive. My nose wrinkled up, her scent was even more repelling than before. I backed away from her.

"What's the matter?" she asked me looking confused.

"Your scent" I said truthfully.

"It can't be must be the omega" Brownie growled. Just lept to her feet and attacked Sapphire. For some reason I just felt angry, before I knew it I had picked Brownie up by the scruff and tossed her aside. I snarled viciously.

"What are you doing? I am your mate!" Brownie cried. 

"I-I don't know. I have to go" I blurted out. I dashed through the tall grass, and away from her, away from it all. No matter how far I ran I could still smell Sapphires scent all around me. Sweet and distinctive, and the weird part about it was I liked it.

I heard something in the bushes coming closer. 

"Go away" I snarled. Despite what I said Sapphire came into view. My fur automaticly lay flat and my anger dialed down.

"What? What do you want omega?" I asked.

"I just wanted to know if you were okay" she said.

"I'm fine. What do you care your an omega, a once was rogue and still are" I snarled. I snarled at her, but she came closer. I wanted to attack to tell her to get away, but I felt paralyzed. Hesitantely she came even closer, her scent wrapping around me as she brushed her fur against mine. Her touch instantly calmed me down. She lay down beside me with her head on her paws. I sniffed her fur, enjoying how close she was and how sweet she smelled. 

"I hope I'm not intruding, but Jinx may I have a word with you?" Berry asked. I growled frustrated, but got up anyway.

"What" I growled once we were out of Sapphires hearing range.

"Calm down. Did you have a vision while at the meeting?" Berry asked. I lowered my head, I really didn't want to talk about it.

"You did didn't you? She's your mate isn't she?" Berry asked.

"Yeah and so what?" I asked.

"Sapphire as the female alpha is best for the pack, but it will cause us a lot of grief" Berry said.

"What do you mean? Are you saying she's not good enough?" I snarled. 

"Think how Brownie will react. You saw the terrible evil in the vision, too. Brownie is the evil in it" Berry told me. 

"What are you saying exactly?" I asked.

"If you mate with Brownie things will stay peacefull, though it may not be best for the pack. I'm not trying to keep you from mating with your true mate, Sapphire, I'm just warning you that Brownie will unleash the evil within her" Berry told me. 

"I will do what is best for the pack. I don't care if Brownie puts her ugly self into it" I replied. Berry nodded her head and left so I could have some alone time with Sapphire.

Brownie:

I wonder where my mate has run off to. I still don't understand why he doesn't want to mate with me. I turned around and sniffed my fur. I didn't smell bad at all, so I don't understand. I roll in flowers and fresh moss to make sure of it.  I sat down, my head on my paws and waiting. Berry came through the tall grass.

"Did you find him?" I asked her. 

"No, but you should leave him alone for now" she said.

"You can't tell me what to do. I am the alpha female" I snapped at her. I tacked her to the ground. She bit my leg, I yelped in pain, and before I knew it she had me pinned beneath her.

"You are not Jinx's true mate Brownie. You are not alpha female. I am the medicine wolf just as dominate as beta. You are a delta beneath me" Berry snarled. I beared my teeth, refusing to submit to the likes of her. 

"Don't worry I won't kill you, though I should" Berry growled, she backed away and disapeared into her den. Both Sapphire and Jinx padded through the tall grass.

"What are you doing with her?" I asked confused.

"I uh... Taught her a lesson, she needs to learn her place" Jinx growled at her. Sapphire backed away and slunk into the shadows. I padded up to Jinx and growled softly. I loved his scent as much as I'm sure he really loves my scent. 

Jinx:

I winked, hopping Sapphire understood. She winked back as she slunk into the shadows. I had just talked to Sapphire, and she told me I was her true mate. My happiness was soaring high, nothing could ruin it.

"I'm so happy we're together. Your my true mate" Brownie whispered softly as she continued to brush her fur up against me. I didn't want to tell her about Sapphire and I yet. Though I shouldn't wait, perhaps another day.