The Thorn In My Side

Jinx:

The next day I woke up to someone beside me. The wretched scent of old, dirt moss and flowers met my nose. My eyes flew open and I recoiled away from the wolf that had layed beside me.

"What's wrong? Did you have a bad dream?" Brownie asked, her voice loud. Obvioiusly she didn't care if she woke the rest of the pack up.

"Yeah, something like that" I muttered. 'If only it were a dream to bad it's reality' I thought. Despite the harsh glare I sent Brownie she just didn't get it. While Brownie snuggled up against me, gag, I sent Sapphire an appologitic glance. She nodded her head to say she understood. I felt bad, she was hurting and it was because of this flea bag who couldn't take a hint. Berry woke up and she led Sapphire out to look for herbs. Buckeye was starting to wake up so I took the chance to get away from Brownie.

"Hey are you dead?" I joked and starting poking Buckeye in the ribs.

"Aw stop it" Buckeye complained. He swatted my paw away, sat up and yawed.

"Come on wake up! I need someone to talk to" I whispered urgently.

"You can talk to me" Brownie volunteered. I groaned internally. 

"Yeah but I want to talk to another male, I'll talk to you later" I made up a pathetic exscuse. Brownie made a pouting face.

"But Jinx-y. Your my mate-y-waty" she whinned.

"I um... know that... Just give me a minute" I told her. I sighed with relief when she finally left me alone.

"You really need to give her the scoop, and get with Sapphire" Buckeye told me.

"How do know?" I asked. "The whole pack knows you and Sapphire are true-mates, well except Brownie" Buckeye laughed. He winced in pain causing him to stop laughing.

"Dumb eye" Buckeye complained rubbing his eye.

"You shouldn't do that. If you scratch your eye it could get infected" I warned him. It's been a year and a half since the incident. Berry isn't sure if his eye will ever heal. 

"I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever heal" Buckeye whimpered.

"Probably not" Brownie but into our coversation.

"It's been a minute now come on. I want to go down to the lake with you" she whined.

"I'll talk to you later Buckeye I'm sorry" I told him.

"I'm not now come on" Brownie said. Hestitantely I followed her down to the lake. She always had no respect for the rest of the pack. I just couldn't believe her. She was so awefull, definetely the evil I saw in the vision. My paws met the soft mud and warm water.

"Isn't it beautifull?" Brownie asked me.

"Yeah sure is" I replied.

"Not as beautifull as me though" Brownie said. She shook out her glossy coat, and as she did so bits of moss flew up. I held my breath as to not gag from the oder. I didn't say anything else. If I don't say anything and just stay still... Maybe I'll disappear! Yeah... I wish...

Sapphire:

It hurt me to see Brownie so close up with Jinx. He sent me an apologetic glance, and I nodded. I left with Berry feeling sad. With Brownie around it seemed like Jinx and I would never be together.

"Come one keep up with me" Berry urged me. I quickened my pace and followed along.

"I want to teach you some herbs" Berry said. As we walked through the forest Berry talked about the herbs and where I could find them around here. She showed me what they looked like, what they smelled like, and what to use them for. I don't know why she was training me since I wasn't going to be a medicine wolf, but I listend and learned anyway. Wolfmint (Cat Mint/Catnip) was for coughs. It smelled delicious, to bad it didn't grow in large quantities. Chamomile strengthens the heart, chervil for infected woulds and belly ache, cobnuts to make an ointment, comfrey for broken bones, celandine for damaged eyes, horsetail to stop bleeding and treet infections and poppy seeds to help one sleep. 

'Find the herbs link': http://warriors.wikia.com/wiki/Medicine

I dropped a bundle of herbs on a wide leaf and carried it back.

"Hey Buckeye. How are your eyes?" Berry asked. 

"They burn!" Buckeye complaiend rubbing his eyes furiously.

"Sapphire I need you to make an ointment" Berry ordered me. Okay, um... cobnuts for ointments and then celandine. I put the paste over his eyes. He sighed, content and stopped rubbing his eyes. 

"Thanks, ah the burning is gone" Buckeye said softly.

"Hey Berry. Wouldn't it make sense to add horse tail to the ointment?" I asked.

"I don't know. Why, horsetail is to stop bleding and treat infection" Berry asked.

"I don't know. I think it would help" I told her.

"What ever helps I'll try" Buckeye whimper softly. I remade the ointment and added horsetail to the mix. 

"Come on we should head back" I heard Jinx growl.

"But I want some alone time with you!" Brownie whinned. Seeing that Jinx wasn't going to listen she plopped herself down lazily by a tree.

"How are you Buckeye?" Poppy asked. 

"Doing okay. Nice to know so many care" Buckeye said. Poppy looked away and gave her chest a few embarrased licks. Poppy's scent smelled well like Poppy flowers, a very clean smelling scent unlink Brownie's scent. 

"Come on we have to go put the herbs back" Berry said. I picked up the remaining herbs and carried them over to the medicine wolves den leaving Poppy and Buckeye behind us.

"Are they mates?" I asked Berry.

"I don't know. They sure like each other" Berry said.

"I hope Buckeye's eye heals" I said.

"I do, too. It makes him vulnerable because he only has one good eye" Berry told me. I nodded my head. I hoped the treatment helped. I would hate to loose one my senses. The east part of the sky started to brighten signaling the start of the day. I stretched, 'the night sure went by quickly' I thought. Usualy I'd stay up almost till noon, but I was tired. I left the den and found a spot to sleep. After circling around a couple times I lay down, and dozed off.

"Wake up. Sapphire" A voice whispered. I woke up to see Jinx next to me.

"I'm sorry to wake you. I just want to apologize for yesterday. Brownie thinks I'm her mate" Jinx explained quietely. I nodded my head.

"Listen, there's something not right about her. Be carefull around her" Jinx warned.

"I will" I whispered. Jinx lowered his head to rub noses with me before dashing away into the tall grass. I sighed and lay my head back down. I knew very well there was something weird about Brownie, but I still don't know what. Brownie slowly sat up, yawning loudly and abnoxiously. She looked in my direction. Brownie raised her tail signalling she was dominant, but had her ears pulled back. She was telling me that she was dominant, but felt threatened. How could she feel threatended by little old me. I looked away laughing silently. It really was amusing. Here I was, a once was rogue, and now an omega minding my own buissness and she felt threatened? I'd call her pathetic if I weren't so pathetic. I had no courage, no bravery, nothing; bupkiss. I whimpered softly and lay my head on my paws. Despite my pathetic lack of courage I will fight her if the time comes to it.

The Alpha's Rogue Mate (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara