THREE.

"And please just, don't lie

"And please just, don't lie."

_____

"I SAW YOU ON FRIDAY NIGHT."

Cora shut her locker quickly, not even bothering to look at Peter. He was leaning on the locker beside her, arms crossed and face stiff. Cora only shrugged before turning to walk to her class, and she said quietly, 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

"What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about?" Peter scoffed, pushing himself off the locker and catching up with her quickly. 

"I mean, that I don't know what you're talking about it." Cora repeated herself, her short legs carrying her as fast as possibly down the hallway and away from her obviously pissed off boyfriend. 

Peter rolled his eyes at what she said. "That's not true." He told her, continuing to follow her down the hall. 

With a huff, Cora stopped walking and turned to face him, her eyebrows slightly raised in annoyance, "Sorry, I'll break it down for you. I do not know what you are speaking of at this particular moment in time, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to class." She finished, and went to turn, but stopped when she felt Peter's hand gently grab her own. 

"Co, I think you're forgetting that we have first period together." 

The blonde huffed, rolled her eyes, and pulled her hand away before continuing down the hallway.

"I don't know what you're expecting out of this." Peter said as he trailed close behind her. All she did was ignore him, and the two reached the calculus room.

Throughout class, Cora sat miserably in her desk. Peter knew, which wasn't good. He wasn't controlling in any way, shape, or form, but her walking alone at night made him nervous, so he asked her not to for both of their sakes. Of course, Cora didn't listen, and knew she probably upset him in the process. Then again, when did she ever listen?

With the conflict between herself and her boyfriend on her mind, she couldn't focus on what her teacher was blabbering on about during the lesson. Cora wasn't even taking the note. All she could do was twiddle with her pencil, taking occasional glances at Peter next to her, who was taking the note and staying focused. She envied that part of him, how he could ignore his issues so easily.

The clock was slowly ticking the class time away, and all Cora could think of was how to get out of the mess she had created with her boyfriend, all because she couldn't leave a shadow alone. What would she tell him? She had to admit to it. There was no way around it. He saw her, in the dead of night in Queens, after he told her to go home safely. She didn't know what she would do.