SEVEN.

"I'm not into girls

"I'm not into girls."

___

"HEY, PETER."

Peter turned just slightly to see the person who was calling him, feeling a pang of irritance when he saw the mop of curly dark hair and freckled face again. He kept a small smile, though, and finished putting his books away before lunch.

"Hey, Roman." He replied, trying to be nice like Cora had told him to be less than a week ago. "What's up?"

"Just waiting up for you before lunch.. can't I do that?" Roman asked, and Peter raised his eyebrows as if saying 'What do you want?' , and Roman could read it. He sighed, dropping his shoulders. "Okay, fine, I want something."

"What is it?" Peter asked, deciding to listen instead of brushing him off right away.

"So.. we had that calculus test, on Friday.." Roman started, following alongside Peter down the hall as he started walking. "And when I arrived here, you guys were on a different chapter of the curriculum than my old school was, so I only got a 82 on the test."

Peter stopped, and looked at him confused. "Only an 82? Dude, that's decent for Midtown. Our work is harder than other schools because we are math and science based." He explained, and Roman sighed, moving in front of Peter and beginning to walk backwards, so he could talk to him.

"I need higher, Peter. I wanna go to med school. All I'm asking is that you just tutor me in calculus until the end of the year. Our teacher recommended you, you have the second highest mark in the class with a 95.3. Please, Peter." Roman said, and stopped walking to grab onto Peter's shoulders and hold him in place. "Please? " he asked again, and Peter let out a small sigh.

"Alright, I will. But, only if you tell me who has the highest mark." Peter said, already having a gut feeling creeping on him about who it was.

"It's Cora, she has a 95.6. Teacher told me to go to you though because Cora isn't very patient."

"Of course she does.." Peter sighed, the two walking again. "And she's right about the patience thing. Anyway, I'll help you. When do you wanna start?" He asked, the two heading downstairs to the main floor, where the cafeteria was.

"How does tonight sound?" Roman asked, "I live close and I drive to school, so as long as you're not busy then we can start tonight." He said with a small shrug, and Peter thought for a moment or two.

"Yeah, tonight works." He said, knowing he didn't have any plans with Cora. They had reduced the amount of time they would hang out because even though they said they would study together, they never studied. It always turned into Peter telling horrid jokes, kisses and cuddling while watching one of their sitcoms on TV. One time they actually got through a stack of cue cards to study definitions.. but that was the most they had ever studied.