Chapter 23

An overwhelming wave of emotions swept over me. I hit the button to stop the elevator and threw myself at Alex, kissing him in a fury. He mirrored my actions and turned us around so that I was pinned up against the elevator wall and he lifted me up to wrap my legs around his waist.

Our kisses were hasty and passionate, deep and breathless. I tangled my fingers in the back of his hair while he slowly started to slide his hands beneath my shirt. I hooked my ankles behind his ass and tugged him in closer, moaning against his lips when I felt the bulge in his jeans right between my legs.

Alex's hands gradually made their way up my body and stopped when his fingers came into contact with my lacy bra. He was being cautious and I liked that. Normally, I would've expected a man to hurry up and get straight to the point, touching me; but I appreciated that Alex was old-fashioned and wanted to be respectful and test the waters before jumping in. I decided to let him go at his own pace rather than tell him to get on with it.

He broke our kiss and started on a trail of steamy kisses across my cheek, over my jaw, and down to my neck. When he kissed the spot just below my ear and I felt his teeth graze my skin ever-so-slightly, a shiver ran up my spine and I ground my body against him. The friction drew a low, raspy groan from his lips and his breathing quickened in my ear.

"What are you doing to me?" he whispered in the sexiest voice. "I've never lost control with anyone like this."

I decided to tease him a little. "What do you want me to do to you, Mr. Stephens?" I nipped at his ear when I spoke.

He responded by grinding his erection against me harder than I'd expected and pressing me harder against the wall.

I moaned into his ear. "I like this side of you."

"Yeah?" he panted, kissing at my neck again, his hot breath on my skin making me blush.

"Yeah," I nodded breathlessly. "I think you should lose control more often."

I felt him smirk against my skin and he gave a pleasured chuckle. "You think so?"

He ground his hips against me again and it took all my self-control not to start ripping his shirt off and yanking down his jeans.

"Fuck, yes!" I gasped in his ear.

He breathed another soft laugh and kissed his way back up to my lips, briefly slipping his tongue in my mouth. He tasted heavenly.

I whimpered when Alex finally pulled away, his breathing ragged and his eyes glossy with lust. I didn't want him to stop.

I'd never seen him this worked up before and it was the sexiest thing. The way he'd pinned me up against the wall and taken control told me that he had more experience in the bedroom than was obvious. He may be cautious and old-fashioned when it came to sex, but he definitely wasn't an amateur.

I thought back to Selena teasing me about not having sex with Alex yet, and then Kacey saying she was curious to find out who was better in bed between Jesse and Alex. I was starting to crave finding out, myself. I knew Alex wanted to take things slow, but damn, it was getting hard to wait with him.

"Shit," Alex said, still trying to catch his breath. "I don't want to go back to work."

I groaned at the thought of trying to go back to my office and work on an article after this. I would've much rather stayed in the elevator with Alex for the rest of the day.

"Me neither," I panted, running my fingers through his wispy hair.

"But I get to see you tonight," he said and pecked my lips again. "And that's definitely worth the wait."