XV - So There Was More (Part 1)

A/N: Oof. Sorry I took so long, my loves. I've been so inspired to continue some of my drafts(possibly future stories). Hi, by the way. This is part 1 of the chapter, just a heads up. Sorry it's a little short..

"So? What was that thing?"

"Jesus Momo, calm down. I haven't even opened the damn file yet," Nayeon hissed, tearing the manila envelope open carefully.

The five crowded around Nayeon as she read the results silently.

"It's a sodium arsenite and copper sulfate compound. It's fucking poison," Nayeon spat as the rest took in the information.

"Wait, what the hell is that? I failed chemistry all through highschool," Momo countered, being the only one who didn't understand what it was.

"It was created in the late 18th Century, during the industrial revolution. People wanted more colour because everything looked dull and grey. Arsenic was an abundant resource because it could be cultivated from most metal mines. A scientist mixed copper sulfate with it one day and it made that brilliant green colour. Called it Scheele's green. They used it as pigment for clothes and paint and just about everything," Tzuyu explained, reading over the results as she took the papers out of Nayeon's hands.

"They were stupid then. They used it as rat's poison. They should have realised that its toxicity was too much. Thousands suffered and died from the arsenic poisoning because of it," Chaeyoung added.

Momo, mouth agape, nodded stupidly. There was that much history in chemistry class? No wonder she failed through and through at the subject.

"Okay.. So why the fuck, out of all the shit they could have done, did they use this-I don't know, outdated arsenic shit?"

"Momo, you sound extremely unintelligible right now," Nayeon stated bluntly, reading up about any possible significance of the arsenic stunt.

Momo pouted to herself, choosing to stay quiet. It wasn't her fault this stuff was so damn confusing. She rarely felt out of place, but it sucked when she did. With a childish huff, she slumped down onto the sofa while the others discussed the issue. Apparently she was 'unintelligible'.

Wow, fucking rich coming from an idiot like Nayeon.

Mina's p.o.v

I sat in the kitchen with Sana and Dahyun, the two still eating their breakfast. My eyes landed on Momo, unintentionally. Well, maybe not...whatever. She was sprawled out on the sofa, the rest of her crew standing a few feet away from her in a circle. We couldn't hear anything but mumbles. They must've been discussing whatever it was that Momo found in the fridge last night. Last night.. I felt a poke on my face, effectively breaking me out of my thoughts and annoying me at the same time. I glared at Sana.

"What?"

"Uhm- I should be asking you that? You're redder than that ketchup you drink with your food everyday," she retorted with a snort.

What the hell? I'm not- I'm not blushing. Why would I blush? I swear, that damn squirrel..

"Eat your food, Sana," I snapped, and she scoffed dramatically.

"I was going to, Jesus."

Of course she was smiling. There probably wasn't anything Sana loved more than annoying Dahyun and I. Oh wait, girls. Well, yeah. Girls. I shook my head at her, trying to subtly feel my face. Even I could feel the burn on my cheeks. It's not like we- no. I didn't have to justify anything if there was nothing to justify, and especially not to myself. I strained to look anywhere else but Momo, though I found myself looking in her direction again. And oh god- she was staring right at me already, a crooked half-smile on her face when we acknowledged each other. She then looked away first, so casually that I almost felt annoyed.