XVII - Dream After Effects

A/N: sorry I took so long.. Long story.

Dahyun dusted her white dress off, standing up unsteadily. She looked around at the overgrown terrain. Only some of the faded, white walls could be seen behind all the greenery, cracked, taken over by nature. The faint sound of cicadas and crickets played in the background, but there was not a single movement. No wind, no sight of the insects, nothing. Possibly the only thing that was moving was her heart as it beated in her chest. Seconds passed as she looked around confusedly, not daring to take a step in any direction. And the silent world around her began to morph into something. It began to morph into her nightmare.

Blood. People. Gunshots. Screams of pain and and suffering. Scared, trembling hands and knees. Tears. Fear. Dahyun was shaking by then, having looked around her. Something wet touched her feet. She looked down, finding herself standing in a puddle of blood, Sana and Mina only a few mere inches away from her. It was their blood. She couldn't move, she couldn't scream, and she couldn't breathe. In her stunned state, the blood under her bare feet began to dissipate, as did the entire setting around her. The screams and gunshots stopped. The fearful, injured fans disappeared. Sana and Mina weren't lying on the ground, unconscious. They were standing on either side of her, smiles on their faces as the previous world came back into view. They looked like angels in white dresses, giggling and smiling at her. They were talking but Dahyun couldn't hear anything they said. At least they were alive and happy. Suddenly, the previously overgrown and unrecognizable place began to transform. Dahyun was now standing in the gardens of her home, the mansion, alone. She stared in awe at everything, as if seeing it all for the first time. The sun was setting before her eyes, the sky turning into a plethora of pink and orange swirls. Dahyun felt herself smile. It was peaceful. She stepped forward, wanting to be closer to the breathtaking view. As she got closer, the sky turned into a projector, with flashes of the fansign clouding the sky. She stopped in her tracks, starting to shake again. Her feet tripped on nothing as she stumbled back, eyes still glued to the sky filled with her fears. Her trembling body bumped into something, someone.

The warm hands of the stranger lifted her up and off the grass under her feet, holding her from behind. Warm air tickled the back of her neck, making her shiver slightly. She turned around, seeing..

Seeing Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung, her bodyguard.

Chaeyoung sighed softly, looking out at the skies, while Dahyun stared at her, shocked. She then looked at the pale girl, their gazes locking. Dahyun saw the sky behind her in Chaeyoung's eyes, pink, orange, and spectacular as the sun went down.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Chaeyoung asked her in a whisper, referring to the view behind the latter.

Dahyun was too scared to turn around. She did want to see that all again, but Chaeyoung's eyes were reflecting the sunset. She only stared at her guard, unable to speak. The world around them began to morph again as the two stared at each other. They were now up there. They were in the midst of white, fluffy clouds, somehow able to stand on them. Chaeyoung put her hands on Dahyun's shoulders, gently turning her around to face the setting sun. The nightmares were gone. It was just beautiful.

"Don't be afraid, Dahyun. It's over. And the stars..." Chaeyoung trailed off softly as the sky turned into a mesmerizing galaxy of stars, "..will guide you home."

Chaeyoung stepped closer to Dahyun, a hand caressing the pale skin of her cheek. Her thumb brushed over her top lip before moving down, pressing softly on the lower so her mouth was slightly parted. She moved to the side, whispering into Dahyun's ear with a soft hum.

"Dahyun. This is home."

Chaeyoung inched closer, her lips ghosting over Dahyun's.