02 | I Wanna Be Yours

"Secrets I have held in my heartAre harder to hide than I thoughtMaybe I just wanna be yoursI wanna be yours,I wanna be yours"

Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yours,
I wanna be yours"

I mouthed the words, lost in the mellow tune flowing through my ears.

I loved music so much. I truly believed it could heal.

Maybe it couldn't help with the horrid dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, but it could uplift the rotten mood I woke up in.

"Wanna be yours,"

I looked away from the bus window to see vibrant orange hair in front of me.

"Wanna be yours,"

Hahaha, wait. Now I was just seeing shit.

"Wanna be yours"

I stared at the back of the person, willing for the illusion in front of me to go away.

Minutes passed by and the person with bright orange hair was still there, right in front of me. As soon as I started to realize that maybe I wasn't hallucinating, the bus stopped.

The person lazily got up and walked off the bus.

They had a black leather jacket on though...

I turned up the volume on my phone, trying to drown out the thoughts of that dream.

It was just a dream.

A nightmare.

There was no meaning behind it.

---------------------------------------------------

"If I have to listen to this lecture for five more minutes I'm gunna stab my eyes out."

"That's something I wouldn't mind seeing, actually." I sniggered while facing forward, still paying attention to the lecture.

"Well, aren't you just a bucket of sunshine today."

"Hoseok, we can't all have the sun shining from out of our ass as soon as we wake up. Sometimes people need a pick me up, like you stabbing your eyes out. It'd make me laugh." I turned to grin in his direction. He put his hand over his chest, playfully offended. "You're so brutal in the mornings. Why am I friends with you?!"

"Because you copy my homework for this class, and in exchange, you take the brutality that is my personality. It's a fair exchange, don't you think?"

Hoseok sat there and gave me the most insulted look he could muster. I cracked up at the sight.

I stared at him as he resumed paying attention to the lecture. Truthfully, I was so grateful for him. Hoseok had been my best friend for five years now and basically knew everything about me. Along with Ji Eun, I couldn't complain. They were everything to me.

"Oh come on, you know you love me!" I giggled as I sent him several finger hearts to make up for my attitude.

"Tch, you're lucky I do."

"Love you tooooo."

"Hey, you two love birds, take it somewhere else. Some people are actually trying to learn."

"Oh please Minji, the only thing you study is the dirt under your nails." Hoseok cackled next to me as she turned around, muttering curses under her breath.

Minji had always been a grade A bitch. Since our first year, she had made it obvious that she didn't like me. I honestly didn't know what stick was shoved up her ass and for some reason, she thought I was dating Hoseok.

Hoseok was like a brother to me and he felt the same way. We had agreed a year ago that we wouldn't mind if we got each other's names for our burn marks, but that agreement didn't last long because soon after that his burn mark appeared with the name Yoon Soo Ah. They immediately started dating since then and I couldn't be any happier for them.

I sighed.

When would I get my burn mark?

"Hey, Yuri, class is over. You coming?"

"Oh! Yeah. Hold on." I quickly grabbed my stuff and followed him out of class.

"So, what are you doing for the rest of the day?" He asked, keeping his gaze fixated on his friends that were waiting for him some feet away.

"Mmmm....dunno. I might just continue to be the hermit that I am and go home, jump into my blankets, and watch a drama." I smiled widely at the thought of such comfort.

"You never change." He laughed and looked my way. "You should come and hang out with us some time. When my girls around too, so you don't feel so awkward. It can't be good at our age for you to be indoors all the time. Going out for class doesn't count either!"

I scowled, a bit offended. I was an introvert, but I didn't think I was that bad.

"Hang out with your bundle of loud friends? I'll pass. I, a 21-year-old university student, shall do as I please."

To that, Hoseok just rolled his eyes. He knew better than to try to change my ways.

The idea sounded tempting. Having a social life would be nice, but his friends were a bit too much for me. I'd probably end up yelling and telling them to sit down and shut up at some point.

"Well, I'm gunna go. Get home safely, okay?" He said as he leaned in for a hug.

"Yeah, I- I-" I stumbled over my words because my brain couldn't process what I was seeing.

Behind Hoseok, in his group of friends, was a guy with orange hair. Except today, he was wearing a blue leather jacket.

 Except today, he was wearing a blue leather jacket

second chapter is up! :']

what do you guys think so far?

I'll be updating again soon, so please stay tuned!