04 | Somebody Told Me

"Can't you just be normal for once?!"

"See this icy white eye? I haven't been normal since the day I was born!" Jin shouted that last part to the sky, exuding happy confidence. I couldn't help but admire how comfortable he was in his own skin.

"Yeah, you're right. I don't know why I have such expectations of you!" My eyes grew wide, waiting for his predictable reaction. "You have a death wish today, don't you?" He snickered, rolling his neck.

Uh oh.

I immediately run for my life, screaming and laughing at the silliness of it all.

He surprised me from behind and swiftly locked me in a tight bear hug.

"I GOT YOU!"

I struggled in his grip for a few seconds, giggling in between tries until he finally let go.

"Jin, why are you so damn tall and strong, I can never w-"

All of a sudden, I felt goosebumps rise upon my skin. The air around me turned cold.

Before I could even turn around, Jin had my hand in his and we were running.

------------------------------------------------------

Recurring dreams were awful. They were even worse when they were memories you'd tried to bury deep within the recesses of your mind.

It was Monday morning and I was on the bus on my way to class, drowning my lack of sleep in music as per usual. I needed something to fade out all of the raw emotions I was feeling.

I thought I had finally gotten through the worst of it a long time ago.

I felt a pull on my right ear.

"Hey classy lady, thanks for replying to my texts this weekend!"

"Ji Eun, I had the hangover from hell! I don't even remember how I got home. I mean, did I fucking crawl? Either way, my toilet and bed were my best friends for the weekend." I put my fingers to my temple, feeling a slight headache coming on. "I'm never drinking again." I slumped further to the left, squishing my cheek into the window.

Ji Eun stayed quiet for what seemed like ages, and then mumbled out something I couldn't really hear.

She was mumbling. Ji Eun never mumbled.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you." I questioned, taking out my other headphone.

"I said, it was Park Jimin."

Park Jimin.

Jimin.

JIMIN?!

Orange haired, stupidly attractive leather jacket guy.