08 | Man On The Run

"Did you see the guy in all black, Tae?!" I asked him, entirely out of breath from running all the way back to our apartment

"Did you see the guy in all black, Tae?!" I asked him, entirely out of breath from running all the way back to our apartment. "Of course I did! Why do you think I dragged Ji Eun away as soon as I could?" I squinted at the floor in frustration and ran a hand through my hair. Guilt crept up my throat at the fact that I'd now put Yuri and Ji Eun in danger. I'd already put Tae through enough as it was.

"What do you think they want this time?" He questioned as he got up from the couch. "I'm pretty sure they want to take me back." I sighed as Tae's eyes grew visibly bigger. "They told me if I donated my blood to them every month they'd leave me alone, but they're way too greedy," I gritted out. It didn't matter how many times I tried to move or dye my hair to look different. They always found me. "I won't let them take you, Jimin. Not again!" He yelled as he came closer. "You're my best friend and I will protect you, no matter what."

"Tae..." I exhaled, feeling the guilt tightening around my throat now, ready to swallow me whole and suffocate me. He came closer and hugged me with such force it took all the air out of me. I laughed and patted him on the back. "I know you have my back, always," I murmured as my hand ran over the scar on his back. That scar...

"You know, sometimes my scar still tingles. I wonder why?" He speculated, looking at the ceiling for possible answers. "Does it only happen when I'm too far away from you?" I cackled in disbelief as he screwed his face up at me. "I take it all back, I'm leaving you for the taking," He retorted with a pout. All I could do was giggle in return.

As I continued to laugh along with him, I decided that I could never let anything happen to him or anyone else ever again.

Over my dead body.

--------------------

Ji Eun 🌻
Hey, sorry about yesterday!
I thought it'd be more enjoyable if they tagged along...
Forgive me?
10:23 am

It's fine, I was just a bit nervous.
I survived.
10:23 am

Ji Eun 🌻
You seemed just fine talking to Jimin 👀
10:24 am

I didn't have the heart to
separate you two lovebirds. 💀
Who else was I going to talk to?
The fucking wall?
10:25 am

Ji Eun 🌻
Oh please, you at least in some form like the dude.
It's so obvious.
10:26 am

How?
10:26 am

Ji Eun 🌻
I see everything, Yuri. The way you stare at him.
Your reactions to him are so cute too.
Are you going to tell me I'm wrong?
10:26 am

I do find him attractive Ji, but
that's about it. I don't like him.
How can I like someone I barely know?
By the way, am I seeing you today?
10:28 am