10 | The Sacrament

We arrived breathless at the bus stop, having run two miles without stopping. Jimin kept us hidden through the alley's shadows just in case there was any chance they were still looking for us.

"Oh shit," I said through wheezes as I noticed my blood-soaked shirt. "How am I going to hide this on the bus?!" I whispered frantically, even though the bus stop was empty of any witnesses. The adrenaline was starting to wear off and now I felt nothing but pure panic creeping up my shoulders.

Jimin looked at himself and then back at me, then started to take off his black hoodie. "What are you-" I began, but immediately faced away as the shirt underneath the hoodie rode up with it, revealing a beautifully toned torso. "Here, put this on," He said, handing me the hoodie with a sly grin playing on his lips. "And you're welcome."

"Thank you," I replied with a bit of a bow and put it on. There were faint blood stains on his hoodie, but they would be way easier to hide than my shirt. "I didn't mean you're welcome for the sweater," Jimin teased, the grin spreading all the way to his eyes, shaping them into crescents.

"Shut the hell up Jimin," I retorted with a huff, to which he just giggled.

If there was one word to describe that boy, it was giggly.

"It's a bit big on you," he stated, observing how it fit me with his head cocked to the side. "Yeah, but that's fine. I love loose fitting clothes," I confessed, playing with the sweater paws gleefully. I heard Jimin mutter something under his breath but didn't quite catch it. "What did you say?"

He opened his mouth and closed it, looking to the left instead of answering. "Oh! The bus is here! Come on," He said, rushing forward and leaving me behind.

Why the sudden awkwardness? Had I done something to make him uncomfortable?

I followed Jimin as he got on the nearly empty bus and went straight to the seats all the way in the back. I rushed for a window seat, barely beating Jimin to it. "Jeez, all you had to do was ask. No need to nearly run me over," He exaggerated and I stuck out my tongue in response. "There's plenty of other window seats available if you want one, Jimin," I smiled smugly, turning to search for my phone in my jean pockets. By miracle, it was still there in my right pocket. I pulled it out, only to reveal a horribly cracked screen as I brought it up to my face. "Beautiful," I mumbled out, peeved.

I felt Jimin sit down right next to me as I examined the damage, choosing to ignore the immediate warmth his body heat provided. I sighed and decided to be grateful that it at least still worked. I attempted to read the time and guessed that the screen read 10:54 pm. Had all of that really happened in the span of four or five hours?

I stared at my phone, scanning through each crack as I contemplated everything that had happened with Jimin until now. I felt my thoughts clouding my head, the adrenaline completely depleted and leaving me with nothing but a slight headache.

"Do you have any headphones?" I asked abruptly. I was itching to listen to some music to distract my mind from its racing thoughts. "What?" Jimin said with disbelief tainting his voice. "I kind of lost mine when everything happened," I muttered, embarrassed for even asking and looked over to see Jimin with the most bewildered look on his face. Stupid, stupid, stupid I reprimanded myself.

Despite that, he searched in his jeans until he pulled out blue headphones.

"My savior!" I quietly exclaimed as he handed them to me. "I think it's the other way around," He countered, which made me halt my movements of untangling his headphones to look at him.

Why did he look so distraught about it all, when we were both completely fine?

"I didn't die Jimin. Believe it or not, the gunshot didn't hurt that much and I'd do it again because I can take it." I stared at him with a forced smile.