Chapter 8: Choice

We had only a few weeks left of this math assignment and we were barely half way through. We have been bombarded with other assignments and folios from different subjects, Theo has been putting off our meet up to focus on others.

We're both equally stressed, but for me it's a different case. Jason has been taking me out nearly everyday and demanding me to skip class.

I am one of those people in school who really can't afford to skip any school days, I fall behind really badly.

But times that I have been wanting to skip class to be with Jason is becoming so daunting, when I reject his offer to take me to places, he takes pictures of his day to make me feel jealous. When school is over, Jason would come pick me up and talk to me about the food he ate.

He says that he would buy me food if I skipped class with him, it's so tempting but at the same it's so risky.

But today, I decide to skip school for the first and last time. I can't deny food. He knows my weaknesses. 

THEO's POV:

I knew Phoebe has been quite rebellious since she met Jason, she has been making excuses to go to the sick room just to meet up with Jason. This was all in school though.

Until, I overheard her talking to her friends about skipping school to be with Jason, and that she needed a very convincing excuse to leave the school campus.

I waited for Phoebe as she went out to the school gate. I just "happen to see her there" is what I said to her when we bumped into each other. She looked like she jumped out of her skin when I said,

    "Where are you going?"

I compliment her on her excuse, if I didn't know what she was doing, I guess I would have fallen for it.

    "I..I-I ...have a doctor's appointment! Yes, I will be late if I don't go now" Phoebe looking as if she's not suspicious.

I continued to question her trying to make her break but she was still standing strong. 

    "A doctor's appointment? You look fine..." Theo looking suspicious. He has a really good eye to people lying.

    "Uh...Yeah." *cough cough* 

She left me at that and walked off.

My concerns for her has grown, I don't know whether I could be there for her when she needs me. I don't want to say it but I have to, she's acting like a bitch ever since she set her eyes on Jason, her actions towards me is a bit harsh.

Yet, I still love her so I can't abandon her just yet, I will when she breaks me fully.

PHOEBE's POV:

Jason was waiting for me in his car across the school, he was rocking the basic outfit with the black leather jacket and tight black jeans, that really shows off his muscularly legs. Sexy.

    "Took you a while, cupcake" He winks at me as I get in his car.

    "Don't call me cupcake."

    "Why not? Its cute.

    "It's not cute." 

    "Yes, it is."

    "No, it isn't"

    "Yes."

    "No"

    "Yes."

    "No"

    "No.

    "Yes...Wait what?!"

    "I got you." Jason poked his tongue at me and gave out a burst of laughter as we made our way onto the big roads and away from school.

It wasn't long for my stomach to growl, so Jason drove us to a nearby cafe. He ordered a burger and I ordered a bowl of pasta. We talked and ate. He then later said that he would take me to a theme park. 

I was so happy but I realized that they had a strict rule that students in their uniform were not allowed in during 9 to 4 pm. This was because they didn't like people skipping school to go have fun during school hours.

    "Don't worry. I got you covered...Cupcake." He smirked at me. Seeing his dimple appear on his face made me blush and burying my face in my hands.

After we both had finished our lunch, Jason drove us to shopping centre. He told me to pick out any three outfits within the whole store, and he would buy the best outfit that I picked. 

I took a while for me to choose the best top 3 outfits, there were so many clothes that I wanted. I had an idea, one outfit was cute and girly look, the second was a more laid-back chick look, the last was just a basic top and jean.

I tried on all three and waited outside as he decided on what outfit of three looked good on me. I went outside the store to look around. About 15 minutes later I return to the store, I see Jason holding a handful of bags as he looks on his phone, while sitting on a couch.

When he saw me, he handed me the bags and inside the bags was not just one outfit but all three. I know, he's a rich bad boy. 

JASON's POV:

Today, I was so excited. I had tried to convince Phoebe to skip school just once to hang out with me, I don't particularly love school as much as she love it. But for a fact, I knew that she wasn't the rebellious type, I wanted to see whether she would rebel against the school.

Since, it's her first time skipping school, I felt guilty so I wanted to spoil her so she wouldn't think about school at all.

I lied and told Phoebe I would only pick the best outfit of three of her choices. When I bought all three, the look on her eyes killed me. 

The way she looked at me with concern was so adorable, I didn't want to return the items so I insisted that it was an apology.

PHOEBE's POV:

As I got dressed into an oversize pink sweater with an embroidered pineapple, styled with a khaki knee high suede boot. I was also given an extra present from Jason, it was a designer shoulder bag, it was beautiful and black. It was decorated with gold studs to give the bag a little of bling. 

We looked like a good couple. I'm already dreaming about us.

We spent a good three hours at Dreamworld, we went on about four rides and I found out that Jason was a big baby. He couldn't take roller coasters. He teared up and it was absolutely adorable.

At that moment, I realized I too have fallen for Jason, yet a bit of my heart was still longing for Theo.

Jason paid for nearly everything during our time in the theme park and an extra few hundreds on my outfits. When we realized that school hours was nearly over, I panicked and changed back into my uniform and rushed Jason to drive back to school, fast as possible. 

I had told Theo that my appointment would end just before school would end, so that his parent's could drive me home. 

Jason promised he would drop off the clothes at my house as he dropped me off at the school gate. I was several minutes early, so I walked and wandered until the end bell rang. 

Out of the blue, a health P.E teacher came walking into the corridor, I pretended to find my way to the toilet.

    "Phoebe, are you trying to ditch class?" asked Mr Walker.

    "No, I'm heading to the toilet" I replied with confidence.

    "But...You're walking no where near the girls bathroom" His happy-chappy face turned into a frown.

    "Well...I-I-I'm going the long way." I gave out a little laugh and headed off.