chapter five

Alex changed Jack's nickname to FredSavage🌈

FredSavage🌈- I'm offended😂😂

     Alex- you know you like it Jackie poo😂 

FredSavage- Now I'll definitely need a nickname for you. How about HoneybunchSugarplum👍 or maybe Buttercup😂😂

FredSavage🌈 changed Alex name to Buttercup🍭

Buttercup🍭- you asshole😂😂

FredSavage🌈- what you doing buttercup?

Buttercup🍭- watching TV waiting for a pizza, I'm by myself again tonight😂 what are you doing besides being a wonder years douche😂😂

FredSavage 🌈- hah how funny😗 I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner and go to the mall, but your already eating😂😂

Buttercup🍭- tonight? Because I can throw my pizza in the fridge for tomorrow😂😂

FredSavage 🌈- yeah lol I'll be at your house in an hour with my skateboard, then we can walk over.

Buttercup 🍭- sounds good I'm going to go get ready😗😂

FredSavage 🌈- good jk lol see ya😗😂                               

Alex jumped up from her bed and started to panic. One hour to get ready? How. She was currently wearing pajama pants, a tank top, her greasy hair in a bun, and her makeup was smudged and ugly. She ran upstairs as fast as she could and jumped in the shower. She quickly washed her hair, body, and her face. She got out and wrapped a nice clean  towel around her. She walked to her closet and opened it, puzzled on what to wear.

"It's not a date Alex, calm down. It's not like he likes you or anything, your just friends." Alex told herself shuffling through her closet. She finally decided on some black skinny jean overalls, a white floral crop top, and some black converse. She was brushing her hair when she heard a knock on the door.

"Crap, he's here!" She yelled running downstairs and opening the door.

"Let me guess, you're not ready." He said laughing. Alex nodded her head and laughed. She let jack in closing the door. Jack followed her upstairs and took a seat on her bed.

"I just need to do my hair real quick." Alex said turning on her straightener.

"You look really pretty without makeup." Jack said looking at Alex through the mirror. Alex felt her face heat up.

"Thank you, you do too." She said causing them both to laugh. She quickly fixed her hair making small talk with the boy laying down on her bed.

"Okay, you ready?" Alex said turning off her straightener and combing through her hair one last time. Jack got off Alex's bed and followed her out the door.

"Since were walking, you can leave your board inside the door." Alex said. Jack nodded his head and propped his skateboard by the door. Alex locked the door then they started their walk to wherever jack was taking them to eat. They made small talk and got to know each other better.

"Where are you taking me Grazer." Alex said.

"It's a surprise, plus were here anyways." Jack said smirking and pointing at the building.

"What is it?" Alex said clearly confused. 

"It's a surprise, I planned it all out, trust me Al." Jack said holding the door open for her. She walked in and was instantly so confused.

"We are in an empty warehouse, are you going to murder me? Because I would have loved maybe a warning." Alex said. Jack just chuckled and shook his head.

"No you won't be murdered, were going upstairs to the roof. Now come on buttercup!" Jack said sprinting up the stairs, Alex struggling to keep up. She got to the top of the stairs and through the door to the roof. She was immediately in awe at the scene before her. The view was absolutely breathtaking. The sun was just starting to set, there was a big red blanket in the middle of the roof with a picnic basket in the middle of it.

"This is beautiful." Alex said admiring the view.

"Come sit." Jack said taking her hand and pulling her chair out for her. They both sat down and Jack opened the basket revealing various food items.

"What is this place?" Alex asked puzzled.

"Something I threw together, I thought you would like it."

"I love it, we can see everything from up here."

  "I made everything in here so blame me if something isn't right." Jack said laughing nervously handing Alex her food items. Alex took them and started eating her grapes. Alex and Jack started talking to get to know more about each other.

  "Tell me about yourself, like something more personal than just interests." Jack said taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Well when I was six my dad was working as an actor at our old house in Canada. I was so inspired to be like him that I would study his lines with him and I would watch his auditions and go to events with him. Well when I was ten years old my dad passed away, and now I'm just trying to make him proud. We moved to my grandma's old house for my acting career and my mom's job.  My moms always gone with her job, because she works for the government, like doing stuff for the president and such. So I almost always have the house to myself, and I have to admit that it's pretty lonely. I always think about my dad, because it was always me and dad. Now it's just me." Alex finished looking over at jack.

   Jack didn't know what to do. He felt so much sympathy for the girl sitting across from him. He moved over next to her and gave her a big hug, wrapping his arms around her small frame reluctant on letting go. He put his arm around her as they watched the sun set on the roof.

"Hey Alex." Jack said looking over at her.

"Yeah jack."

"Come with me."

"Where?"

"To Toronto."