New job

You sat on the old but comfortable couch watching TV. Nothing special was on, you were just watching whatever had been playing on the first channel when you turned the TV on. It was a Friday evening and you were happy it was the weekend. Then your mum walked in, carrying two newspapers.
"Y/N, look what I have!" She exclaimed, holding up the newspapers.
"Huh?" You were slightly confused.She sat down beside you and put the newspapers on the coffee table.
"Well, you're already 17 so I thought it's time you got a job!" Your mother explained and opened a newspaper on the job advert pages, handing it to you.
"I guess..." You said as she opened the other newspaper and you bother began looking through the ads. Plumber, cook, a whole bunch of cleaners...
Then a different box caught your eye, it had a photo and a little more text than the other ones. The image was of some animatronic characters, a bear, a rabbit and what seemed like a duck? Or maybe a chicken... You began reading it out loud, half to yourself and half to your mum as well. "After the old pizzeria was sold to a new owner after being abandoned by the previous owner, its now hiring for the jobs listed below. Cook, security guard, janitor, mechanic and waitress." Your mum looked up from her newspaper and smiled thoughtfully.
"You used to love Freddy's! It was a shame when the owner started neglecting it..." That explains why you kind of recognised the animatronic characters.
"Do you think I should get one of the jobs?" You asked.
"Well the waitress job would fit you, I think" she glanced at your page "And the pay's not bad either!"
"I'll go see if I can get an interview tommorow." You began getting up.
"Okay, see you honey!"
"Night!"

•=---------=•

The first rewritten chapter! Enjoy!