I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you - Dad! Shoto x Mom! Quirkless! reader

PLOT- [Y/N] was a quirkless women who got married to shoto todoroki 7 years ago and had a child a year later. One night you were tucking your 6 year old daughter into bed while Todoroki was out doing a hero mission. What happens when a man breaks into your house and you can't do anything to stop him.

[Y/N] = YOUR NAME

[D/N] = DAUGHTERS NAME

YOUR POV

I was just about finished telling my daughter about all the awesome adventures and missions her dad, Shoto, would go on all the time as a bed time story for her. I would usually tell her these stories when Shoto got called to save the city from a villain. I'm not mad about it though, it's his job, and plus it doesn't happen much because there are many other heros helping out with the attacks.

"And that is why daddy is one of the top--" I was cut off mid sentence when [D/N] and I heard a very disturbing break of a window down stairs.

"Mommy, what was that?" My daughter asked in a very innocent yet scared voice as I look out of the opened door, debating with myself weather I should check it out of not. Not even a minute later I chose to go and see what happened.

"Listen to me [D/N], I need you to stay here and be very quiet ok?" My voice starts get very panicked as I think of all the things that could happen once I go out there. [D/N] starts to pick up on this and random parts of her body turn into ice. This tends to happen because of her quirk, she only has her dads ice quirk and whenever she is mad, sad, scared, etc, that happens.

She nods, still very scared, To be honest... I am too.

I quietly leave the room and walk down the stairs praying that when I get there, no one will be in the house.

Boy was I dead wrong.

The person ended up being a man with 2 guns, and from what I saw they were loaded, he is ready to kill someone. I was looking around trying to find my phone because I remember leaving it on the kitchen table. Once I spot it, I quickly run and grab the phone off the table, then bolting up the stairs in the quietest way I could. Once I was back in [C/N] room I found her whimpering under the covers.

'My poor darling' I think to myself while looking at this frightened little girl.

I tip toe over to her and pull the covers off her head. She looked like she was about to scream but when she noticed me, she stopped herself.

"Mommy...I'm scared"

'Me too' I thought to myself because I wanted to be strong for her.

"I know sweetheart, don't worry I'm going to call daddy right now." She nods once more but a little more relaxed.

'Come on Shoto, please pick up'

SHOTO'S POV

I was driving home from defeating a villain that was attacking the mall when I got called. The caller ID said 'My Beautiful Wife', so I right away that it was [Y/N].

'She must be wondering were I am' I thought to myself as I answer the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey babe, I about--" I was cut off by her panicked voice as she said,

"Shoto, someone's in the house." I was shocked and started to speed a little.

"I'm 3 minutes away, where in the house are you right now?" I said trying to get there faster then I usually do.

there was silence and all you could hear was her breathing, then she said," I'm with [D/N] in her room......I can hear him down stairs." She sounds like she was about to cry but holds it in.

"Ok, take [D/N] and bring her and yourself and go into the closet. I'm going to be there soon." I can hear her move pick up [D/N] and move to the closet and close it.

"...Ok we are th--"

"BANG"

"AHHHH"

"shhhh" [Y/N] tells [D/N], and then I yell,

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"He has a gun! He just shot it downstairs!.........he's coming upstairs! Shoto I'm scar--"

"[Y/N]? [Y/N]!!" I look at my phone to see that it died.

"DAMMIT!"

YOUR POV

"Shoto!" I whisper yell as I hear the footsteps of the man coming closer.

"Mommy, what's gonna happen to us?" She asks. I stay quiet as I think of an answer that won't scare her more that she already is.

"I don't know." I say as I try not to think of what might happen if Shoto doesn't get here in time.

Not long later the man is walking in through the hallway and saying,

"I know your up here, you are so dead." He says in the most sinister voice. I cover my daughters mouth so that she doesn't make any noise. All I could here was the banging of all the doors as he makes he way closer to us.

He starts opening [D/N] door.

"I know you're I here...don't try to hide." he starts to open up the closet.

"found you." he says while smiling and points the guns at both me and [D/N].

"Bye bye." right before he pulls the trigger, he turns to ice and falls.

Shoto comes rushing in and kneels down, then hugs us the tightest I think he has ever hugged. All while repeating the words 'I'm sorry'. [D/N] starts to cry, which makes me cry, and not long after Shoto starts crying. Shoto calmed down a bit, pulling away and saying,

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you two. Please tell me you guys are alright." Right before I could answer [D/N] came in and said,

"We're fine now daddy all thanks to you." She had the biggest smile on her face, which made Shoto chuckle.

"as long as you guys are ok." I started smiling and brought them both back into a hug again.

TIME SKIP

The police came and took that man away. We later found out the he could find out a bunch of info on a person by just learning there address. [D/N] went to bed and Shoto and I lied on the couch together in complete silence. It was calming and I later fell asleep in his arms, know he will always be there to protect me and [D/N].

YAZZZZ IM DONE MY FIRST ONESHOT!!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED, MAKE SURE IF YOU HAVE ANY REQUESTS, LEAVE THEM IN THE COMMENTS!! ILL SEE YOU GUYS SOON!!!- LOVE, TRYN_CHAN