Reality check

Chapter 24: Reality Check!

Khushi stood there like statue as Arnav packed all the dresses he bought for her. He kept putting her stuffs together while she kept watching.

Khushi: Arnav ji? Am I really meeting my family?

Arnav: Yes

He was feeling heavy seeing hope in her eyes. She was happy going to her family than staying with him. And here he thought that he can keep her to himself. How sad!

Khushi: What about Rohan? How can I face him with our baby?
her hopeful face lost the light. Well Great now! She was ashamed of the baby now. Arnav was feeling more like villain.

Arnav: You are going to meet them right? Then you can see for yourself. It is better to accept facts than sitting here and thinking about this and that.
Khushi: Arnavji! Will you come with me?

Arnav: NO!

He snapped and Khushi's face went more lifeless. Arnav sighed. He went near her and sat next to her .

Arnav: Khushi! Do you really think I will really leave you and our baby just like that?

Khushi: But you are taking me to my family all of a sudden!

Arnav: Don't you want them with you when you give birth to the baby?

Khushi: Yes! Then I can go with them. Soham can play with the baby. But they won't accept so soon.

Arnav(cupping her cheek): I am there na! I will make them accept you. Don't worry.

8 months back, Khushi never trusted this beast. But now she did believe him, that he will make everything all right!

Khushi: Arnavji I am sorry! I don't know what happened to me that I spoke all non sense to you.

Arnav: Its ok!

Khushi: But who is Anjali?

Curiosity got best of her before she could stop herself. Arnav stiffened for a minute.

Arnav: Anjali was my sister.

He said and turned back hiding his pained face. How can he not. He saw his sister crying to death in front of his own eyes while he watched helplessly.

Khushi(gasping): SORRY ARNAVJI! Where is she now?
Arnav: She is no more! Now go and get your medicines. If we start now only we can reach Delhi by evening.

Saying he moved to washroom while Khushi took in the information.

Soon they were on their way to Delhi. As they got into the highway another car crossed them in opposite direction towards Hazratganj. In the car was Arjun going through Arnav's Personal folder.

Arjun: Rathod! This says that Samrat Sachdev is Arnav Singh Raizada's biological father. But both have different surnames which is interestingly ASR's mother's maiden name, Aarika Singh Raizada who happens to be the daughter of Hazratganj Village head.
Rathod: The matter is how come no one knew about such village existing? Its neither in map nor people from this village have any Indian Citizenship.

Arjun: Hmm. May be we will get answers there. But as far as the information we got, this village was under the control of Hansi village Zamindar. A very powerful one at that. But we did not get his name.

Rathod: People called him Hukum. So no one actually knew his name.
Arjun: If only we knew the connection between Samrat Sachdev and this Village!

They reached the village and Rathod went to one of the man walking to the estate.

Rathod: Bhai saab. Yahan Koi Samrat Sachdev ko Jaante hain?
Do you know any Samrat Sachdev?