Chapter four: The box

Kokichi and Keebo stared at the tunnel before them. "Great. Another impossible manhole thingy." Kokichi said. He thought back to the first one...
"We can work together to escape!" Kaede had said energetically when they had found it. The tunnel was dark and murky, and the floor was slippery with some foul smell. Not to mention that he could tell the monokuma had rigged it with traps. But he didn't want to discourage his friends so he had smiled and walked on with the gleam in his purple eye.

Keebo looked at the tunnel. "Maybe we can escape." He said. Kokichi looked at Keebo's hopeful face. He smiled internally. "Well it doesn't hurt to try..." He said. Keebo nodded. Then he stared at the other. Usually he would chase him around and tease him. Kokichi was extremely unreadable. But now he could sense a hint of kindness. Keebo smiled and took Kokichi's arm with a slight blush. Luckily it was dark. "Keebo?" Kokichi stumbled. "Can you use your super cool power!!??" He asked hopefully. Keebo beamed. "Yes! One of my useful functions is this!" He lit his eyes up.
Kokichi grinned. "You look like a walking lamp post." "How rude! I shall record your robophobic behaviors and I will see you in court!" Keebo huffed. Kokichi put his arm right next to Keebo's neck. "Oh really? I don't think you would do that to little old me....." Kokichi said smirking. Keebo gulped. "W-what are you doing?" Kokichi turned off his function with a poke, and the tunnel was dark. "That is counterproductive." Keebo said flicking his light back on.

The tunnel had the same smell as the manhole tunnel. Kokichi crossed his arms. "Are you cold?" Keebo asked. Kokichi shot him a glare. "Tch. I'm always cold." Kokichi said. Keebo put his hand on Kokichi's shoulder. Through the fabric, Kokichi could feel warm. "Aha! You're not just a cooler but you're also a heater! Keeboy you are AC incarnate!" Kokichi declared taking Keebo's hand off his shoulder and into his. Keebo gasped at the sudden contact and sighed at Kokichi. "Don't call me Keeboy." He said.

They walked around before coming to a door. "Kokichi." "What?" "I feel a door." "Well open it then!" Kokichi said annoyed.

Keebo couldn't see anything. Kokichi hugged the robot staring into the darkness. Keebo felt warmth in his arms. He's.... hugging me... Keebo smiled.

Kokichi turned the light back on. Keebo looked at the floor.
Awkward......
"Now you made it awkward." Keebo muttered. Kokichi grinned. "Maybe. But you like it." Keebo flushed. "What a red face. For a robot." "S-shut up Kokichi!" "Like a tomato can." "That is robophobic!" "Wait Wait shush..... there's something there." "I hope you don't ever say a word- Wait what?"
Sure enough, there was a small box in the hall. As well as four wooden doors. The box was small and looked like a palm sized die box. Keebo frowned. "Why is this here?" He asked. Kokichi whistled. "It's hot in here isn't it." Keebo frowned. "You are acting suspicious!" Keebo declared. Kokichi shrugged. "I'm supposed to be suspicious. I'm an evil dictator." He said. Their voices echoed in the hall, towards the box. Kokichi advanced ahead of Keebo and stared down at the box.

Kokichi picked it up. "Cool. Let's open it away from this weird hallway.  "Oh. I told Miu I would join her for dinner." Keebo said as they once again emerged in Kirumi's lab. "And Angie wanted to see me, something about a student council...." Keebo added.
Kokichi narrowed his eyes. Jealousy. Keebo had always hung around Miu because she could improve him. But Angie too?

Kokichi stared at Keebo blankly. "You're weird." He said. Keebo frowned. "Are you being robophobic?!" He asked. Kokichi smiled sweetly. "No of course not my dear Keebo." He said. "D-dear?" Keebo turned around blushing. Kokichi could merely speak and Keebo would be hooked. But he wasn't sure Kokichi felt the same. "I think you're awesome. And you could embrace the fact that you're a robot." Kokichi said. His face straight. His eyes looked honest. For once. Keebo smiled. "Embrace it? How?" Kokichi grinned. "With lasers! You could just blow the whole academy up! That would show everyone." Kokichi said. Keebo laughed. "No way. I can't do something like that." He said smiling. They crawled out of the tunnel chatting happily, unaware of the despicable being that was spying.