Chapter 11: The chase

Everyone drew in a breath. Kokichi entered and raised a reluctant Keebo's arm, ready to strike.  They looked around the quiet room. A giant freaky monokuma head was an eyesore of a centerpiece. It sat quietly in the room. Keebo cringed. No one was there except Monokuma. Kokichi narrowed his eyes. "Hey... what gives?" Kaito asked. Kokichi shook his head. "Let's search in here." He said. They all fanned out.
Suddenly- a door rumbled open and Himiko and Miu held a struggling Tsumugi by the arms. "We caught this piece of s-" Himiko jumped forwards with tears in her eyes interrupting Miu with a sob. "She ..... really is the mastermind..... she lied to us! Tsumugi..." Himiko looked up at her, tears reflecting the betrayal in her eyes. Miu scoffed. "I bet she isn't even a cosplayer." She said. Tsumugi broke free and stood in front of the motherkuma staring.

"I-it's not me it's Junko! Cause.... it's always been her!" Tsumugi searches around for her outfit but couldn't find it. Himiko holds up her cosplay. "Looking for this?" Himiko said. Tenko clapped loudly. "Wow! That must have been magic!"She said. Keebo shook his head. Kokichi glared down Kokichi smirked. "Tried to kill me huh? Puhlease!" He said binding her wrists. Kaito frowned. "So you weren't lying.... she really did betray us." Kaito leaned on Maki. Maki slugged him and he promptly fell to the floor.

Kokichi laughed and maki glared. "Can I kill her?" She asked. "No! I refuse to let you kill anyone!" Kaito declared. Miu rolled her eyes. "Just kill her! This world don't need her taking up air." Keebo shook his head. "Please stop! Can't we talk about this!?" Kokichi shook his head. "If we leave her she'll escape." They began to argue. They fought and left Tsumugi...

Unattended.

Himiko was the first to notice and she criedout in despair- "Shes gone!" Kokichi cursed and glared at everyone "Well come on! We gotta get her!"

Keebo tore down the hallway that contained Angies lab. He had one thing in mind. "Tracking her down sure is hard huh?" Kokichi remarked. Keebo shook his head in disbelief. Tsumugi was no where to be seen. He slowly walked with Kokichi. "Welp, shes escaped. Oh well."  Kokichi said smiling at the robot. "No way it can't end like this!" Keebo said. His eyes filled with determination. Keebo smiled at Kokichi. 

"I have an Idea." 

Keebo raced back down the hallways, towards the masterminds room. He burst into the room, where Gonta was left to guard. Kokichi immediately sprung off of Keebo planting a quick blush giving kiss. Kokichi then hurriedly checked the cameras. "She's in Kiyo's lab!" "Nah dib sherlock. Or should I say Robolock? Sounds nicer." "This is no time to be robophobic! Lets get her!" In a flash of inspiration, Keebo grabbed the monitor recording screen and pressed record. 

The small monitors around the school lit up with Keebo's worried expression. "Everyone! Tsumugi is in Kiyo's lab! Hurry!" He exclaimed. "Watch the cameras Gonta. We're going in." Kokichi and Keebo left the masterminds room. Gonta stared at the giant monokuma. "So... do you like bugs?"

Maki raced down the hall with one thing in mind. Killing Tsumugi. She held her crossbow in firing position. "Whoa Maki roll. Slow down!" Kaito said grinning. He puffed after her. Maki swatted away his jacket. She shook her head and screeched to a stop at Kiyo's lab. Kaito slipped past. Shuichi and the others were close behind. With Keebo's speedy engines Kokichi implemented, they had reached the door in no time. Maki swung it open, only to be ambushed by an exisal. Maki was blown into the air. "MAKI!" Shuichi yelled. Kaito caught her just before she hit the floor.

 The exisal had stolen her weapon. Kiyo, Tenko, and Angie came in. Their eyes were met with the sight of many Monokumas surrounding a katana wielding Tsumugi with two exisals. Maki groaned. Tsumugi was panting. Her blue eyes swirled with madness, and her cackle was devoid of all hope. "Stop right there." She said adjusting her glasses. Tsumugi held Kiyo's Katana in her hand, the golden flakes crumbling from her trembling hand. "Give it up!" Kaito said gently laying Maki to rest her head on his shoulder. Maki blushed. "I'm fine. Do you want to die?" She stood up. Tsumugi laughed. "Oh you all! No way you'll kill plain ol me, I'm too plain." She said. "Blast her Keeboy!" Kokichi said. "About that." Tsumugi waved her hand. A monokuma leapt forward and smacked Keebo with an electro hammer. The hammer connected with his face, and Keebo flew into the exisals grasp in an electric burst. "KEEBO!" His classmates cried out in horror. Kokichi's bangs fell in front of his face darkening it. "Give. Him. Back." Kokichi glared with an inhuman face. Tsumugi shivered but never wavered. "Tenko." Tsumugi said simply, smoothing her clothes and flipping her hair. Tenko shrunk back slightly. The exisal snatched her up too. "Tenko!" Himiko came through the door, desperately reaching her hand.

As if she could save Keebo and Tenko. "Make one mistake here, and they are both goners." Tsumugi said. Kokichi pointed the remote at the exisal. "Oh right. You still have that prize. I don't understand why that game still works. It was broken before..." Tsumugi smiled and walked deeper into his lab, running her finger across the glass displays. "Take his remote, and take away their weapons." Tsumugi instructed. Maki fumed, her face contorting into rage. Tsumugi laughed. "Take Kaito too." She said. "NO!" Maki screamed kicking the monokumas. But many more emerged from the ceiling, following her orders, and overwhelming the fighting students. "Why you! H-Hey!" Kaito said as the monokumas grabbed him. Maki kicked her leg through five monokumas, crying out as they dragged Kaito away.

Kaito kicked and Himiko threw her small shoe. Tenko struggled and Tsumugi bowed. "I'll see you all later." She said smiling. Kokichi cursed as the students could only stare after Tsumugi and her new hostages.