Chapter 16: Emergency button

Tsumugi smiled. "Emergency button activate." Kaito coughed more blood. Rantaro pat his back. "We'll find a cure." He assures him. Kokichi narrowed his eyes while watching. He pulled out his remote. "I can't turn off whatever she just did." He said. Kaito frowned. "Emergency button?" "Mass memory wipe." Tsumugi called. And then she was gone. Rantaro paled.

"Mass..... Memory wipe?!" He said. Kokichi rapidly pressed buttons on his remote. Keebo sighed. "What will we remember?" "Who knows." Kokichi said defeated. "Let me see." Keebo took the remote from him.

After fiddling for a while Keebo looked grim. "All I could do was make sure we remember that we defeated Monokuma and Tsumugi... and that we're ok with Maki being ultimate assassin...." he said. The purple eyed boys gasped. "No! Then....." Kaito stared at the floor. Kokichi's eyes widened. "Then you won't remember...." Keebo shook his head silently. "I won't remember us... or the trials or Kaede's promise or anything..." Keebo teared up. Kokichi held him. "It's okay. I love you so.... I don't think that will change.."

Kaito ran with Rantaro and Keebo who was carrying Kokichi. Kokichi ran to his room. He took out his journal. He hadn't written in it. He wrote three words. The sprinklers went off everywhere. "What's going on?" Kaede asked worriedly.

The students were lulled into darkness.
Keebo opened his eyes slowly. He was stepping on grass. A giant cage city dome was around all of the structures. Keebo shivered. He felt as if his memories were missing or deleted.

Kokichi arose. "Hmmm where am I?" He looked around. It appeared to be a room. He didn't remember why he was there. Then he did. "Monokuma is dead." He said. He giggled. Then laughed out loud. Kokichi walked outside the room into the courtyard. All of the students gathered there.

"Oh ohhhhh so you must be my peers!" Kokichi said. Kaede nodded. "And you are?"
"Kokichi Oma. The ultimate supreme leader!" He declared. Kaito frowned. "So-" "Yes I'm the leader of a giant secret organization! But then again..... I am a liar." He smirked. Then he heard a soft clank behind him. "Hello. I am K1-B0 the ultimate robot. Please refer to me as Keebo." He said smiling.

Kokichi looked at the robot. His eyes squinted. His memory ached but he couldn't remember. "Nee-heehee! You must be a nice tank." He said casually looking at his nails. "What? Was that robophobic!?" "Nooooo." "Are you lying." "I most definitely am Keebo." Kokichi grinned. "Well this place is fun. I'll be around." Kokichi waves them off.

And in the courtyard-
Keebo smiled.

thanks for reading!
-MM