chapter 7: the complication

Keebo watched Kokichi pace around, trying to think of a way to expose Tsumugi. "Just forget about her." Keebo said. "No way! she knows I know. I'm not safe." Kokichi said. "Know she's probably watching to quietly dispose of me. I'll have to kill someone." Kokichi said. Keebo leapt up and grabbed his shoulders. "No! Y-you can't! I forbid you." He said. Kokichi whirled around and grabbed his shoulders. "Then what do I do?" Kokichi asked simply, plainly, sincerity in his eyes. Keebo felt his face heat up and wished he did have a fan inside like computers do. "You can hide." He suggested. Kokichi laughed. "Nah. I don't think so." He said.

Keebo sighed and looked up at Kokichi. "Wanna play a game?"

Kokichi and Keebo roamed the silent halls of the nighttime academy. The music in the casino had been turned off. Keebo stared at the game. "Plug it in again." Kokichi said. Keebo nodded and did so. It lit up as it originally looked. "Man! That machine is more-" "Kokichi..... I am detecting robophobic remarks." Keebo said. Kokichi grinned and hugged Keebo from behind. "Nah. Cause you're the best ever!" Kokichi said. Keebo smiled. "Hmm. Why the sudden change of attitude." He asked. "If we get out of here I'll tell you all about me without the lies." Kokichi reached past him and unplugged the game. It's lights flickered out and faded into nothing.

He replugged the game and there it was again. "Okay! I call the blue." Kokichi said. Keebo muttered something about a cheater and picked purple.

Fifteen minutes later....
"Ha! I have you surrounded!" Kokichi said grinning. Keebo grit his teeth. "Oh yeah? But if I roll a five I win!" He said. "No. If you roll a five ͏y͏o͏u pass my barrier but you still have to advance." Kokichi said. Keebo gasped and realized Kokichi was right. The board lit up revealing Keebo's treasure which was a weird looking cookie. "What's that?" "Not important." Keebo said instantly. A hologram of congratulations opened the curtain on another cardboard box.

Kokichi and Keebo walked through the academy holding hands. Keebo felt the warmth increase inside himself. Dear professor Idabashi. I believe I have discovered love. It is a wonderful thing that I know I will never want to live without. Kokichi walked up to his room and froze. He knew. It had been one of the many possibilities he had constantly in his head. "No." He said. "What?" Keebo said concerned. "Keebo. I'm going to ask you to run to your room." Kokichi said handing the box. "W-wha?" "Dammit just go! Cmoooon hurry up and go Keeboy." Kokichi said sweetly. He then snatched his ahoge. "H-hey! Give that back!" Keebo said pouting. "You're so cute Keebo. But you're going to have to trust me here. All will be just fine." Kokichi said tossing and catching the ahoge a few times. Keebo shivered and shook his head. "You're lying again Kokichi." Keebo said. "Well bad habits are hard to break." Kokichi said smirking. Keebo swallowed. Kokichi walked up to him. "Go to your room. Keebo. I just need a little time." Kokichi said stroking his arm reassuringly.

Keebo nodded. His footsteps faded slightly and Kokichi made sure he was tucked away within the blue walls of his room. He then grit his teeth and opened the door to his room. After tossing the ahoge in,

Kokichi jumped back and with calculated speed, and leapt over the railing. An explosion shook the still night air, filling its scent with ash and burning objects. Kokichi wrinkles his nose. "You really don't want me alive do you?" He said teasingly to the camera. "That's too bad. I have veryyy good reasons to live. So bring it on. Tsumugi." Kokichi said, his face contorting into that of madness. His bangs casted a shadow over his face, making him look less and less human. He then brushed himself off and knocked on Keebo's door.

"Hey. I kinda need a place to sleep Keeboy. Can you help me out?"