two

Keegan's POV
5:38a.m.

"KEEGAN!!!, GET UP!!!"

" Whaaa-"

"Get up we gotta get to the hospital"

" but wh-"

"Dammit Keegan, GET IN THE CAR!!!!"

I got out of bed, pulling on my shoes and raced to the car half asleep. I didn't know what was going on or how serious the situation was, but I knew it was really bad because Grandma wasn't home, and Pops was crying and panicking. I tried to ask what was going on but every time he just zoned out and drive faster. I hope Grandmas ok, I can't imagine my life without her...

Danny's POV

Maggie. My Maggie. The Emt's from the next town over called me a little after five-thirty this morning and told me they were transporting Maggie to Linkinsville Memeorial Hospital. Apparently she was headed home after our fight and a deer rain out in the road, and she tried to avoid it but lost control of the car and it rolled six times. A man headed to his hunting lodge found her car upside down this morning, and called 9-1-1.

I know I shouldn't have snapped at Keegan like I did but, I was panicking, as I still am. He looked scared and tired. He tried to ask what the hell was going on, but I couldn't get my words together right now. All I could do was stomp the accelerator and hope I wasn't to late. My Maggie's a fighter.

Keegan's POV

We finally arrived at Linkinsville hospital. My Pops and I ran to the front doors, and sat in the waiting room for about fifteen minutes, when a young female nurse came out a set of doors. " Maggie Barnnet. "

Pops told me to stay in the waiting room until he had talked to the doctor. It's times like these when I wish I had my Mom, or my dad. I felt so alone, and all I could do was pray that God didn't take my Granny from me.

Suddenly I heard crying and the words, "No, she can't be whyyyy...." It was Pops.

I stood up and walked over to my pops and hugged him. All he could do was cry and and engulf me into spine cracking hug.

"I'm so sorry Mr.Barnnet, we tried everything we could, she was barely Alive when EMT's arrived. I'll give you two some time, I'm very sorry for your losses."

My thirteen year old mind could not grasp what I had just heard. I felt my knees go weak and my hands start to shake uncontrollably. Tears spilled through my eyes and it felt like someone had spread lidocaine throughout my body. It felt like losing my mom all over again, only worse. I just couldn't believe this.
She's really gone.

"Pops what do we do now?"

Danny's POV

I looked at my grandson, and the only answer my brain could think of was,

"We're going to trust in God, and be strong."

I had about a million things going through my mind such as 'I just lost my wife of thirty-two years', 'the conversation we shared had been a fight', 'I didn't even get to hug or tell her I loved her one last time's', 'what am I going to do with Keegan?', 'how are we going to survive financially?', Most importantly, 'what the hell am I gonna do?'

I was trying to be as strong as I could in front of Keegan, but I'm only human, I stumble and I fall. I just want to help him through this, after losing first his mother and now his grandmother.

But for now I'm going to take him back home, to let all of this sink in, and to let him grieve. "Lets get you home son." He nodded and wiped his eyes.

I could've swore I heard him mumble, " You're all I have left. " I shed a tear at hearing that.

Keegan's POV
7:09 a.m.

The car ride was silent and all I could do was stare at the white lines as we headed back into hill country. Neither me or my Pops uttered a word until we reached the front door.

"You should probably go get some rest. I'm going to head back to town, and speak to the insurance company and see what all we need to get."

I simply nodded and started to walk away, then I ran back to the front door and I hugged him and cried into him, "Please be safe, you're all I have left." He hugged me back and then took the truck and pulled out of the driveway.

I went to my bedroom and sat on my bed, I cried and felt that feeling of loneliness once again. I cried for about two hours until I prayed and then fell asleep.

I hoped when I woke up I wouldn't be faced with this reality

Cast:
Asher Angel as Keegan
Dennis Quaid as Danny

Hey so I know this is a really sad chapter but I promise this isn't going to be a super sad story or anything. This is just helping me set up for what's coming next. He he. So comment, share, and vote please. Also, any suggestions on who should play Keegan's dad? Let me know in the comments. I'll decide on 7-10-18. Well, later guys, love yall!!!!!!!

-GracieG04