eight

Keegan's POV
1-17-12
Evangel Christian academy
7:08 a.m.

It's been about a week since I met Madeline, and it been about a week since I wasn't constantly thinking about her. She texted one night and thanked me.

Madeline❤
1-15-18
1:22 p.m.

-- Hi, I know it's been a couple of days since the mall, but I really want to thank you for sticking up for me. Also sorry if I scared you when I was hyperventilating lol. I hope you're doing ok.

Hey, I'm good and anyone would have done it. Has he tried to talk to you? Sorry, I'm so nosy--.

--Caleb? No. I'm scared for going back to school though.

Where are you going? And don't be scared.--

--Evangel. Ok.

No way me too.--

--Maybe we could hang at lunch, yeah?

Definitely --

--Sorry Keegan I have to go, it's my dad.

I'll call you tonight--

--ok 😘

That night we talked for hours and hours. She's so cool, and I trusted her enough to tell her about the harsh reality of my life. She comforted me and ended up telling me about how she wasn't happy where she was living. She wouldn't tell me why, but I guess I don't need to know everything.

Today was the first day of school, and of course I was nervous, but I was also eager. I really wanted to sit with Madeline at lunch. She's probably going to be the only friend have, unless someone is desperate enough to put up with me.

Nathan was helping me pack my lunch this morning, when I realized that I had never had the luxury of an actual lunch. Granny used to give me an apple or a pear and comfort me that school will fly by. Granny.
I still missed her a lot, but I decided that she is in heaven, and Jesus is now taking care of her.

As for Pops, he isn't much for texting, he told me he had to go all the way to town just to get two bars of service. I texted him last night but he hasn't read it yet.

Pops
10:14 p.m.

Hey, tomorrow is the first day at my new school
Miss you alot---

Nathan ushered me into the car, and it seemed like it only took a few minutes and I was getting out.

" Ok, if somebody gives you trouble, walk away the first time, the second time you bust them. Unless it's a girl, then you intimidate them because they probably have a crush on you. "

"Nathan!!!"

" I'm serious. "

"Ok" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, your gonna be fine. Don't back talk your teachers, and don't raise your hand for every question, just the ones that a braniac like you would know. Most importantly, be yourself. Also, try talking to Madeline. She's into you."

" thanks Nate. " he pulled me into a bro hug and I started to walk up to the school.

" three fifteen Nate, don't forget. "