ten

Nathan's POV
1-18-12
9:46 a.m.

"Keegan."

" Huh? "

"Get up."

" ugh. "

"Now, mister."

" I-Im uppmmm. " he replied sleepily.

" are you and Madeline together? " that woke him up.

"Umm, yes."

" Look I'm really sorry, but I don't like the fact that y'all will be living together and a lot of stuff can happen, so I don't think she can stay if there's any type of boyfriend-girlfriend thing going on. There's just so many ways it can go wrong. "

"NOOO!!! I'LL BREAK UP WITH HER, JUST DON'T TAKE HER BACK TO HER DAD. NO FOSTER CARE!!! I'LL BREAK UP WITH HER,I PROMISE JUST DON'T DO THAT. I'M WILLING TO WAIT, JUST PLEASE DON'T KICK HER OUT!!!", He cried. Man I feel like a monster.

" You'd really do that for her son? You'd rather lose your everything just so that she was safe? "

"Well of course. I lo-... I like her. She's been through a lot. She lost her mom too. Dad please don't make her leave."

He called me dad again.... God please help me, he's got me wrapped around his pinky toe. He almost said love. God help the both of us. She was really nice, and she has good grades according to keegan. I can't believe I'm fixing to do this...

"Ok look, I know how it feels to experience first love, so she can stay for now. Ever heard the baseball expression three strikes and your out?"

" Yeah" he replied earnestly.

"Yeah well, you have one. And so does she."

" yes sir. "

"I mean it keegan, I don't want any drama, and I really don't want any pregnant girls running around. I don't want to see any kissing nor do I wanna see any pregnancy tests. Got it?"

" I do. "

"Alright kiddo, I gotta head to work. People aren't going to tattoo or pierce themselves."

" Ok, be careful. "

"Alright I should be back a couple of hours before Maddies dad gets home, so we can use her keys to get into her house and get her essentials. "

"Ok, hey Nate?"

" Yeah? "

" when can she move in permanently? "

"Well, Ricky and I have been talking and we're going to try to take this to the judge and get sole custody of her. After that she is my responsibility."

" but if she's your daughter then I can't date her. "

"She won't be my daughter, I'll be her guardian. However, I'm going to love her as though she's my daughter. Ok Keegan, I really gotta go.

" Ok bye. "

"Bye." I left out of the door and right as I shut the door I heard him say " yes!!! " I rolled my eyes, I knew he was definitely my son. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Madeline's POV
10:02 a.m.

I awoke to Mr.Nathan and Keegan talking about something by the door. I say up and heard the door close. I heard footsteps and pretended to be asleep.

Keegan walked in and got back in the bed and rolled over to face him.

"Hey."

"Morning, how long have you been awake?" He questioned.