3. CHANGE OF OPINION?

Arya shared a look with Tara and both of them knew instantly that they were going to ship them. Arya had never really liked any of her sister's previous guys. Nikhil was an asshole and she knew that the second she had met him. Arjun seemed like a breath of fresh London air for her sister. She just hoped that her uptightness would not come in the way of a possible romance.

"Ummn. Let's see now. How about 'Meerjun' or 'Arjeera'?" she said to Tara. Tara made a disgusted face.

"Really? These are the best ship names you came up with?"

"Okay, I agree they are horrible. Let me think a bit more", Arya replied. After trying a lot of combinations under Tara's gaze, they settled on 'Armeera'.

"It's perfect!" they exclaimed as they watched Meera playfully hit Arjun's shoulder.

"I mean no one will believe us if we told them that Meera hated his guts earlier this evening" whispered Tara.

"I know right. What could have happened at Marine Drive?" she replied. She was determined to wriggle it out of her sister. "I need to talk to Meera in private, Tara"

"Meera darling! Could you come to my bedroom for a minute? Arjun can sit by himself for a minute I think" she said with all the fake sweetness she could muster. Meera shifted in her seat and excused herself. After reaching the bedroom, Arya quickly shut the door and turned to face Meera.

"Okay what is the deal with you two? One minute, you were rolling eyes every time he breathed and now you have nicknames and you are playfully slapping his shoulder. What happened there? Did you two make out or something?" she said with disbelief.

Meera looked like she had swallowed a bad pill. "Arya. You are too presumptuous. No, we did not make out. And before you make a ship name for us, let me tell you that there is no romance blooming between us!" she said in an irritated tone.

"I already made a ship name. It's Armeera, by the way" Arya said softly.

"I'm not finished. We just happened to have many things in common so we started talking. I think we could be friends. Nothing more than that. He just flirts to annoy me. Don't take it seriously! And Armeera? Really?" Meera said all in one breath.

"Woah. Calm down, sis. Don't get all neurotic. I was just curious to find out. I am your sister after all. You owe me this explanation" said Arya.

"Fine", Meera hissed, "but don't be annoying about this. You always get ahead of yourself. Teasing just makes things worse. So please let things run their natural course without meddling as is consistent with your personality"

"Uhh Meera, did you swallow a thesaurus today or something? Or has love made your language poetic?" Arya said smirking.

"YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE", Meera shouted. Her voice caught the attention of everyone in the living room.

Tara chimed in, "I think I'll see what they are screaming about. No need to get up!" and jogged inside the bedroom. She noticed Meera's red face, though red because of blushing or anger could not be guessed.
"Guys. What's going on here?" she asked casually.

"Oh nothing much, Tara. My sister was just writing my wedding vows with your brother a minute ago. Other than that, nothing special. No need to spoil everyone else's night. Some people just don't understand when to stop", Meera said extremely fast, glaring at Arya and stormed out of the room.

"Does she always ramble when she's angry?" asked Tara.

"Oh no. Just when she knows I'm right and wants to change the topic" replied Arya. The duo high-fived without looking at each other side-by-side.