12. WELCOME TO THE CAPITAL

"Okay team. We have two cars. The majority of the luggage and people will go in the Scorpio and the remaining will sit in the Honda City", Meera's Dad began his instructions as they came out of the airport.

All the drivers were holding up names of the passengers they had to pick up. After some searching, the group found the two cars which would take them to the hotel.

"Sir ji. You don't worry at all. Let me take your bags please!" One of the drivers spoke excitedly to Meera's Dad. He insisted on carrying some of their luggage to the car. He then loaded most of the suitcases in his car and told the other driver to load up the rest.

"I call shotgun. For the Scorpio" said Arjun, quickly.

All the kids and Arjun's Dad got into the Scorpio and Meera's parents sat with Arjun's Mom in the other car.

"Since you called shotgun, I get to pick the songs for the ride" said Meera and asked the driver to pass the aux cord.

"I didn't agree to this!" Arjun retaliated and snatched the aux cord from Meera's hand.

"Uncle. Look at how your son is behaving with me! Not at all chivalrous" complained Meera to Arjun's Dad.

"Arjun, I am on Meera's side in this. She did say it first after all. Give it to her! Meera, play some good Bollywood numbers. I'm dying to hear those. Arjun only listens to English ones which I don't like!" Arjun's Dad answered.

Meera gave a smug look to Arjun who mouthed 'Loser' back to her.

"Yeah! Give the cord back to Meera. Let's Bollywood this bitch!" said Tara. Since she had heard that they were going for an Indian destination wedding, she wanted to know as many Bollywood songs as possible.

Meera with suggestions from Arya played songs from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Kal Ho Na Ho, Dil Chahta Hai, etc.

Meera heard Arjun asking the driver, "How much longer will it take to reach?", while Meera and Arya were singing 'Yeh Ladka Haaye Allah' with utmost joy.

The driver told him that it would be an hour at least based on Delhi traffic. He seemed to like the choice of songs. Meera had noticed him nodding his head on many of them. Arjun's Dad was singing along to a few as well.

Meera knew Arjun would be skeptical of all the Karan Johar movie songs, but as soon as she started playing Dil Chahta Hai and Rock on songs, he seemed to groove along. Hahaha. He likes Bollywood now. I'm proud of myself.

They reached the hotel in about an hour and checked into their rooms. Meera and Arya got a connecting room with Tara and Arjun, at Arya's insistence.

The room had a very comfy looking bed, a big TV, a coffee maker and mini fridge. Since it was on the 10th floor, the view was great. The capital of India looked beautiful at night. Meera was most thrilled to find out that there was a bathtub. After dinner, I will take a bubble bath.

The group had a buffet dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Since there was no food on the plane, everyone's plate was extra full. It was a sumptuous meal, indeed. They didn't speak much during the meal due to the extreme concentration on their food.

After the meal, everyone went up in the lift, groaning about how full they were.

"I don't think I can walk till the room. Please give me a hand here, Arya!" Tara said.

"I don't want to eat like this everyday, Tara. I won't fit into my lehengas!" Arya replied.

Arjun was talking to someone on the phone is a very hushed tones, so Meera avoided starting a conversation and went inside her room. Arya looked like she would pass out without even changing her clothes.