7. I LIKE ME BETTER

Meera still couldn't quite accept what she was looking at. Didn't expect him to be that shrewd! Arjun was still flashing a winner's smile. She walked up to him with a disgruntled expression.

"I would have shaken your hand in the spirit of a good competition, but this was hardly a challenge!" he said cockily.

"Oh you are such a good winner, Arjun!! I can't wait to see you do a victory dance right here" she said, sarcastically.

"Oh don't tempt me Meera. I'll do it. You know it" he replied smirking. "And your wish is fulfilled" he said and started flapping his hands wildly. He began singing 'I won' in a high pitch and even twirled Meera around, when she did not see it coming.

"Are you serious??!! Look at how many bags I have, you fool!" she said mid twirl. Thankfully the clothes didn't fall out. The people on the mall floor started looking interestedly at the scene.

"Nothing to see here! She just lost big time, girls!" Arjun shouted to some of the girls who were looking at them quizzically.

"I think that is enough embarrassment for the week. Just tell me what I need to do for the bet" said Meera through gritted teeth, pulling him to a corner.

"For 'losing' the bet, Meera. Precision is key. Say it!" he said crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Even while she was angry with him, she couldn't help but notice how good he looked in just a plain white t-shirt and jeans. That British accent doesn't help, either.

"For l-o-sing the bet. Heard it loud enough?? Now just tell me what you have planned to torment me? I regret my life decisions" said Meera, slapping her forehead. Arjun just laughed and pretended to look deep in thought.

"I don't know. I haven't thought of anything right now. So I think we'll have to reschedule the 'Day of Torment'. Maybe during the wedding, I might find some inspiration" he said with the air of a poet.

"What? No no no. You can't just reschedule! I want this done. Finito. Right now" Meera exclaimed. "And I can't believe you were lame enough to actually give it a name!"

"I don't think there was any such pre-decided rule that I can't just shift the Day of Torment---"

"Oh my God. The name again!" she said, irritated.

"Don't cry, Meera. If you can't even accept the name, how will you survive the day?" he said.

"Fine. You are an evil, evil boy. I hope you know that. I would have been nicer to you, if you would have lost" she said.

"I do not believe that for even a second. You would have made me your slave for a day. Maybe I would have had to paint your nails or something. Yikes. I am sure of it" he said.

"Yeah. That sounds about right. Fine. Let's just find the others and shop with them. Even though it'll be dreadful. Mom and Arya take so long!!" Meera said in a bored voice.

"Then let's not join them! We have already done our bit for the day. We can chill at the mall, watch a movie maybe! I'll text on the group" Arjun said, brightly.

"That actually sounds much better. Do it!" Meera said. "But first, please let me put my bags in your car. They are really heavy!"

So they went to the parking lot, dropped Meera's bags in the car and went back upstairs. "Hey you could've at least shown me what you bought!" Meera said to him on the escalator.

"So eager huh? You will have to wait till the wedding. Although I won't be difficult to spot in the crowd. Just look for the best dressed guy there. You'll find me" he replied.