16. PADMINI PALACE

"Wake up!! This instant. WE'LL REACH IN 10 MINUTES. God this girl is either deaf or dead...", Arya's voice trailed off. Meera slowly regained consciousness from her slumber. She realized that she had been resting her head on Arjun's shoulder the whole time. She quickly sat up straight in her seat, avoiding eye contact with him.

"How long was I asleep?", she asked groggily. All that heavy North Indian food really made me sleepy, I guess. 

"You missed all the scenic routes", said Arjun. "We were trying to wake you, but you were too busy drooling on my shoulder!"

"NO. I DID NOT!", she exclaimed loudly. 

"Woah. Chill. I'm kidding. Thankfully, you are not a 'drooler', Meera", he replied, laughing.

"I think lunch was too heavy and also, I hate those winding roads. They make me sick. I've had motion sickness since childhood. To think of how many times I must have stopped the car to puke...", Meera replied, with a shudder.

"Yup. I remember those pukey times!" said Arya from the front seat. 

"Thanks for chiming in, when no one asked you to, Arya. Anyway. I can't wait to reach this place. It's going to amazing. The first thing I'll do..." Meera said, when Arya cut her midway.

"Nobody cares. The first thing I will do is have a long bath. Bathtubs are such a luxury!" she said with glee.

"That's so not fair. I wanted to do that", Meera said angrily. 

"Tough luck, sis. Because I called it first!" she said. 

"Stop behaving like a sore loser Meera. She won this fair and square", Arjun said, being more reasonable than she expected. 

"I know. But it's still frustrating!", she replied.

"Dad told me that a lot of guests are reaching today, so they have organized drinks and starters for everyone. So let's go for that!" he said.

"That does sound good actually. I hope I see some cute guys there!", Meera said. 

"I know there will be cute girls there. So I will be there from day 1, laying the charm! You have promised to be my wingwoman anyway" he said, nudging her shoulder playfully. 

"Oh yeah. I guess I did", Meera said, with a shaky laugh. "I got to videocall Sid first, when we reach. He really wants to talk about something apparently"

"Ohhh right. Don't take too long though. All the cute guys will get away!" Arjun said, chuckling. 

*****************************************************************

Meera got out of the car to witness a stunning palace, converted into a hotel. She instantly loved the old and ornate architecture, with the strong pillars and high ceilings, studded with golden chandeliers. The hotel had kept the olden touch alive, evident by it's interior decor. Is this a dream come true or what?!

As they passed through the metal detectors, to enter the reception area, they were greeted by a welcome drink and garlands were put around their necks, by smiling attendants.

"Get ready to be supremely pampered", Tara whispered to the group, who all nodded in agreement. 

"Welcome to Padmini Palace! We are delighted to welcome you all today. We have arranged refreshments for you in the Rose Ballroom. My staff will take your bags to your rooms. Do let us know, if you need anything", said a sharply dressed man in a suit. 

"Meera listen. Your father and I are quite tired. We'll just head to our room and take a bath. You and the kids go to the ballroom. We'll see you guys for dinner" said Meera's mom.