1

Liyah

"Come on. I'm your best friend you have to come" Mia said.

"I'm not the party type, I'll just stay home. Go have fun girl." I said

She stale faced me.

"Every since you been single you wanna be a party pooper" she claimed.

"Yeah because I don't want niggas all up in my face tryna holla."

"True, true. But come on, for me?" she begged.

I love my best friend to death, she's like a sister to me. I mean she practically is since we took her in when her parents died. But, she has to understand that my ex was a dangerous person and I don't wanna see him at one of these parties. I don't need him doing that to me again.

"Hellooo" she said, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Alright fine, only cuz I love your stanking ass."

"Yessss. Love you girl, imma go get dress" she said, leaving out my room.

~

"You look cute girl" Mia said coming into my room

"Thanks, I didn't wanna do too much."

"How do I lookk?" Mia said, doing a 360 turn.

"Like you tryna have somebody snatch you up" I said

"I was going more for the, imma hoe don't cuff me look but ok" she shrugged.

"You play too damn much, come on" I laughed.

As we walked downstairs I seen my little brother sitting on the couch, watching Tv.

"Rell tell mom we leaving and will be back before curfew" I said, grabbing my mom's car keys.

"Hell nah. Tell her yo self, you see I'm comfortable."

"Terrell I don't have time to play with you, go now."

"Man you gone stop trying to punk me, you only 3 years older than me" he mumbled, going upstairs.

"Anyways, let's go" I said locking the door behind me.

~
We pulled up hearing Boo'd up by ella mai booming through the speakers.

"Bitch thats my song" Mia said hopping out the car.

"Coming from a girl who can't keep a man" I laughed.

"No bitch, I'm just not ready for commitment and niggas don't understand that. But I keeps a man honey."

"Yea for a week." I said, walking up to the door of the house.

"Why you being so mean tonight, you want your man back or something." she said, knocking on the door.

"Hell no. He- never mind, just no."

About 2 minutes later Shawn opened the door. Not gonna lie he was sexy but he was the biggest hoe on the football team. I mean it is summer so maybe he's changed, but I doubt it.

"Wassup Liyah and Mia. The sexist girls at Atlanta High (made up school)." he said, licking his lips.

"Nigga who is you, LL cool J. Get out they face." my best friend James said, coming to the door.

We laughed coming into the house, since he never let us in.

"Best friend, I missed yo ugly self." I said, hugging him.

"I miss you too. You know I just got back from that trip to Houston."

"Right, we gotta catch up, but what you doing here."

"Shit, Shawn invited me so you know I had to come through."

"Good. Bet not be because these nappy headed girls."

"The only hair nappy is yours. And it ain't even yours." He laughed.

"You real disrespectful today. I know my lace look good." I mugged.

"I know, I know. I'm just playing but I'm finna dip cuz this shit boring. Love you" he said, kissing my forehead.

"Love you too, be safe."

"I will." He said, leaving.

This is going to be a long night...