5

Liyah

I stood there speechless. I never knew or thought he felt this way.

"Why....why are you just now telling me this?"

"Does it really matter?" He asked.

"What do you mean does it matter? Yes, I'm about to leave in a week and you just now telling me. It's like you set yourself up to be hurt."

"Are you serious? I just find out you were leaving. Plus its not easy to tell your best friend of 7 years your in love with her." He explained.

I sighed, "Look, you're my best friend and I love you but I can't deal with this right now. Lets just go back and we'll talk about this another time."

"Whatever bruh." He said, walking off.

~

We had just got back from the mall. Of course the rest of the time there it was awkward between me and James. He wouldn't even look my way. I don't understand why he was upset with me. Nigga you the one who just now confessing your love and shit. Now I have to deal with this before I leave. I just wanted to enjoy my last week with everyone, but I'm going to nip this shit in the bud before tomorrow.

"Hey girly, how you feeling?" My mom said, walking into my room.

A knock would be nice, I thought, "I'm alright. Just ready to get this week over and start fresh in New York."

"Oh now you want to go."

"I mean, yea. I think it's time for something new."

"I think your right baby. Well I'm glad you had a change of heart." She said, tapping my leg and walking out.

I decided to text James to come over so we can talk.

Best friend 😍💍(her name in his phone): Hey..can you come over so we can talk.
-9:33pm

Best friend👫😘: Can we talk tomorrow?
-9:47pm

Best friend 😍💍: No. I wanna talk now.
-9:49pm

Best friend👫😘: Give me 20 minutes.
-9:52pm

Here goes nothing.

~
James

I'm pulling up to her house right now and I'm kinda regretting it. I mean, she obviously don't feel the same way so we should just leave the situation alone. I shouldn't of said shit.

I walked in the house, since the door was already unlocked.

"Hey baby, what you doing here?" Mama Shantel said.

"Hey mama, I just came to talk to Liyah."

"Oh, alright. I made some tacos if you want some." She offers.

"I'll get some later, thank you."

"Mhm"

~

Liyah

I heard James downstairs talking to my mom. I was so nervous, I didn't know if I should sit on the bed, stand up, lay down, or something. I'm being ridiculous, I thought. I heard a knock on my door so I opened it.

"Hey.." I spoke, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Wassup" he mumbled, sitting in my swing chair.

"So um. I wanna apologize for my reaction. That wasn't cool at all."

"If you didn't feel the same way that's all you had to say." He shrugged.

I sat there for a minute trying to think of what to say.

"I always thought you were attractive but I always knew we were just best friends. I mean, this is horrible timing, which is not your fault, but it is. And if you would of told me earlier, maybe I would of considered it. But, I'm about to leave to New York and I would feel messed up to start a relationship with you and it would only be over FaceTime. I love you and-"

Mia opened my door, "Girl so why- oh shit, my bad. Did I interrupt something. You know what, ima go." She said, slowly walking out.

I rolled my eyes, "Anyway, i love you and just don't want this to get in between our friendship. I would be depressed if I lost you."

He got up, sitting next to me, "You were never going to lose me. A nigga just would've been sad all the time but I know this was horrible timing. And wouldn't want you to start a relationship with me and go to New York, missing a nigga and shit. But, for real, I'm not mad at you. You will always be my best friend and nothing can change that."

I hugged him, tightly.

"My pooh butt not mad at me anymore."

He straight faced me, "Don't call me that shit."

I giggled, "Oh shut up. You love it."

He shook his head, "But for real, wassup with mama tacos. A nigga hungry as a bitch."

"Fat ass." I said standing up.

"I know." He mumbled, looking at my back side.

"Perv." I said laughing.

"My bad, it was distracting me."

I shook my head, opening my door to see Mia standing there.

"Oh..um.. I was just about to knock girl. Good timing." She lied.

"Yo ass was ear hustling." I said, shaking my head.

"Whatever, I can if I want to."

"Girl move." I said, pushing her out the way.

"MAMA! James wants some tacos!!" I yelled.

"Tell him to get it his damn self!! The hell!"

I laughed, "Welp, you heard the woman." I said, closing my door.

He shook his head, "Come here."

I slowly walked up to him as he leaned against my dresser.

"I just wanted to say I love you, always." He kissed my forehead, cheek, and then lips.

I smiled, "I love you too."

Even though I was shocked by him kissing me. I didn't mind.

"Now go make us some tacos." I said, smacking his butt.

"Stop playing with me. And I ain't fixing US shit. I'm making MY tacos."

"Thanks for making my food, love youuu." I said, pushing him towards the stairs.

He shook his head, "Love you too."

~

Hope you guys enjoyed. ❤