13

Clarence

"Morning ma."

"Morning baby, what you doing up early on a Sunday?"

"I'm always up early, I just make you think I'm not so I don't have to come downstairs to get a plate." I said, kissing her cheek.

She shook her head, "Go get your brother, the food is almost ready."

I nodded and jogged up the stairs to my little brothers room. Stopping in front of my brothers door, I got a notification on my phone. Taking it out my pocket, I look at it to see a text from Charity. I shake my head and put it back in my pocket.

"Aye, little nigga get up." I said loudly banging on his door.

"I hate you." He said, opening his door and brushing pass me. I chuckled following him down the stairs.

"Hey mama."

"Hey..Clarence leave that boy alone." My mom said hearing the irritation in his voice.

"I- why it gotta be me?"

"It's always you. Sit."

I sat down as she put my plate on the table. "Why I gotta sit down here like a little kid?"

She turned and looked at me and I just shoved my mouth with food already knowing what that meant.

"So how's school going? It's your big senior year, any girls, new friends?"

I chuckled knowing where this was going, "Nah ma no girls. But um yeah school is coo like always. Same friends, you know I like my circle small."

"I know, I know. Clarence is there something your not telling me? You haven't brought a girl home since 10th grade."

"Ha. You gets no hoes." My brother said laughing. My mom walked over to him, smacking him on the back of the head.

"I get plenty. I just don't make anybody my girlfriend and I guess I just ain't found that one yet."

My mom nodded her head while washing the dishes. I looked over to my little brother sitting there watching tv with his food done.

"Aye. Get up and go help ma." I whispered, pointing towards her at the sink. Smacking his lips he got up with his plate and walked to the sink.

"I'll help you mama."

"Aww thank you. So sweet."

As I finished my food, I started to get notifications on my phone back to back. Confused, I grabbed my phone out my pocket and saw 15 snapchat messages and 3 texts from Charity. I opened my snapchat seeing what everybody was texting me about. Clicking on Charity's story, I immediately got pissed as the notifications continued to roll in.

"Those must be the hoes you're talking about." My mom said joking.

"Yea... I gotta go handle sum." I said getting up, not really hearing what she said.

~

Liyah

"Bitchh, did you see Charity's snapchat story!?" Mia said, busting in my room.

"Bro what? What time is it?"

"It's 11. Why?"

"Fuck. You interrupted my last hour of sleep for hoe ass Charity."

"Um yes. She talking about yo man."

"Which one?" I joked knowing that's what she always says.

"Clarence."