14

Clarence

I'm here - 3:24 p.m.

I sat at the park around the corner from my house looking for Charity. Shit was getting out of hand and I was ready to put a end to all this.

"Why am I here Clarence?" Charity asked, walking over to me.

"Don't act dumb. You need to dead this shit now. That's not my baby and you know it."

"How many times do I have to say you were the last person I was with."

"You expect me to believe that? I was wrapped up Charity, it's not my baby."

"Well we agree to disagree. What do you want me to do about it?"

"I want you to get a paternity test and stop posting shit on social media you not even sure about. It's childish."

"No, not owning up to your actions is childish. I'm not getting a paternity test."

"You wanna prove me wrong so bad right? Get the test Charity."

She sat there silently for a minute, looking around the park.

"I don't have to prove myself to you Clarence. I know your the dad and that's that."

"No, you just hope I'm the dad. You don't want to take it because you know I'm not. Be real with yourself."

"..that's not true."

"Then take the damn test. It's simple."

"Whatever. Is that all?"

"Yea and stop posting about it till we know the truth. Text me when you need my swab."

I got up, walking to my car. I was over all the stares and comments. I had a game coming up and that was my main focus right now. I didn't need false statements throwing me off.

Liyah

"Y'all wanna go to the game on Friday?" Keisha asked as we all sat in the nail shop.

"I mean is there anything else to do?"

"Nope." Bacari responded.

"Exactly."

"I haven't seen them practice not one time." Mia said looking at us.

"I think Carl said they practicing today and they did like a day or so ago." Keisha said looking down at her nails.

"Sooo, what's up with y'all?" Bacari asked.

"What you mean? That's my friend."

"Y'all wasn't acting like friends that one time in class." I added.

"Well that was before. I got my eyes on someone else."

"Oop. Who?" Mia asked.

"Nunya."

"Girl don't nobody care about yo funky crush anyway." Bacari said, waving her off.

"Yea okay. Anyway, what about you Liyah?"

"What about me?"

"I see you and Raymond."

I slightly rolled my eyes, "There is nothing going on with me and Raymond."

"But he's cute?"

"I mean yea but that doesn't mean I want him."

"Well I think he likes you."

"Not gon lie, I think he does too." Mia said agreeing with Keisha.

"Maybe. But, we are strictly friends."