"So you guys had drunk sex?" (4)

Carla had called me for an emergency lunch meeting the next day; and to be honest, I needed an emergency meeting too. I needed someone to tell me what to do. To tell me the truth and not sugar coat it.

"You look paler than usual." She said to me once we sat down at our table.

Usually, whenever we had an emergency meeting; greasy, heavy, delicious comfort food had to be involved. So we chose a fast food Chinese restaurant and sat at the darkest table in the room so that we could spill our secrets.

—Carla and I tell each other everything.

"No, no. You called me first so you spill first." I glared at her before changing my attention to the menu but I know what I want already.

"Ugh, fine. So I've been seeing this guy on the low right? It started a few weeks ago but it's not the same as with other guys, you know? We've been going at it like rabbits and now I'm afraid that I'm in love with him," she leaned closer towards the table.

"Ok, first of all... you may be in love with the sex. Not him. Do you know anything about him?" I took a sip of my water.

"No..." she chewed on her bottom lip and sat back in her chair.

"Then get to know him—without the sex, and see if you still feel the same way."

"Yeah, you're right... Okay, your turn to spill. Go,"

"I accidentally slept with my boss." I cut right to the chase, needing to get it off my chest.

Carla's eyes bulged out and she nearly knocked her water glass over. "Spill! From the beginning!"

"He took me for lunch yesterday and I realized that his flirting had escalated so I did what I do best; I nervously laughed off his comments but then he also took me out for dinner and kept ordering bottles of wine... and you know me, it only takes a glass or two before I get buzzed."

"So he kept giving you a glass?"

"He tried to but I stuck to my one glass but then he started to order other types of drinks. He told me to try one and it didn't taste like it had alcohol in it!" I covered my face with my hands, "and I was upset from having a shitty conversation with Micah earlier in the day..."

"So you guys had drunk sex?" I could hear the amusement in Carla's voice.

"I don't remember anything. I woke up in Paul's bed this morning and almost had a panic attack. He told me that we had sex and that's all it was. No need to make things complicated... Oh, Carla, I feel so... dirty. I only met him two days ago!"

"Hey, it's okay," she comforted me by running her hand up and down mine. "I know it isn't how you wanted things to go but maybe this is good? If he was flirting non-stop to get you in bed then maybe now he'll leave you alone?"

"I hope so. He acted as if everything was fine this morning. I could barely function at work! I don't know what to do," I felt like banging my head against the table.

How could I have been so stupid? I slept with my boss! Do you know how that looks?

—Pretty fucking bad if you ask me. What if the whole office found out?

What if Micah finds out? Oh God, he would just love to know that he was right about me.

Stupid stupid stupid!

"I say act the same. If it was just casual to him, then show him it didn't mean anything to you, either. As a matter of fact, if he invites you out for dinner again, tell him you have a date that night. Be blunt and tell him it was just a one time kind of thing,"