"So Jack saw you naked?" (8)

The next few days passed and I was finally enjoying my time here. Amira was the main reason, of course. She explained things so easily and allowed me to voice my opinions. My work relationship with Micah was more or less the same since I hadn't seen him all week.

—neither have I seen Paul. He would rush in early in the mornings and rush back out around midday. We haven't spoken and I can't say I'm mad. I haven't made the effort to talk to him either.

Especially after what Amira told me the other day. If Paul was sleeping with God knows who, I don't want to be a part of that.

I was in my little office, finalizing some designs to send off to Amira. We were almost finished with the entire schematic and then all we had to do was wait until most of the structure had been built to go in and start mapping out the reality of our designs.

"Mr Daniels has a meeting in ten minutes and he wants you in there," Joey said as he appeared by my doorway.

"Thanks, Joey," I told him before saving my work and gathering my notepad and pen. If he wanted me in there, I'd be there before everyone else.

As I was walking towards the conference room, I saw Paul coming out with two men in suits behind him. I quickly hid behind the column beside the doorway as they were going the opposite way.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Paul," I heard one of the men say.

"I'm telling you; this merger will make us rich," he chuckled as they continued to walk out of my hearing range.

Merger? What the hell was he talking about?

I didn't let it bother me as I went inside the room and sat down at the side; waiting for the meeting to start.

__________________

The day had gone by faster than I'd expected and the weekend was finally here. I had plans with Carla tomorrow and the rest of the weekend I had planned to just sleep and be lazy on my couch.

—but my lazy plans had been cut short with just a phone call from Amira.

"Thank God you're still at the office. I have no other way to contact you. Anyway, there's this thing tomorrow and I want you to attend."

"A thing? Are you sure I'd be welcomed?"

"Of course! You're a Maddison after all; you'll be attending on behalf of your father."

"About that," I said as I sat back down and rested my bag on the desk, "I've never attended any event with my father. He'd have a fit if I went now,"

Actually, Jack would have a fit and then tell my father who would then also have a fit. To them, I was supposed to be on vacation with Carla.

"Please, I'm begging you. I hate these events but Micah practically forces me to go and then leaves me alone to talk to his colleagues. I don't have much friends; you understand, don't you?"

I can't lie. She sounded desperate.

I exhaled. "Fine, but you're responsible if my father has a heart attack,"

"Deal!"

____________________

On Saturday morning, I rolled out of bed around nine in the morning and took my time to get ready for my lunch with Carla. Just as I was coming out of the bathroom in my robe, I heard someone talking to Julia outside. I quickly cracked my door an inch to hear better.

"If I had known she was still here, I'd have dragged her down to the firm days ago. Where is she now?"

It was Jack. Oh no.