11

I heaved a deep sigh when Fuuto placed his guitar on the carpet and stretched his fingers carefully.

"Are you going to record these songs?" I asked him in a muffled voice, my attention on the mess in my bag.

With a victorious hum, I pulled the crumpled schedule from my bag, paying no attention to the other contents. It was about time that I studied the finer details of Fuuto's plan.

"Eventually, yes," Fuuto said casually, the thought of how different our worlds were striking me.

"I can't wait until I can listen to these songs on repeat again," I confided to him with a small smile. When he didn't answer, I cast a glance in his direction. He laid slumped against the edge of his bed, his long legs stretched out in front of him, but my careless words had caused him to sit up again.

"Again?" He inquired. "Is there something you need to confess, [Y/N]-chan?"

"I'll confess if you say why you have started adding 'chan' to my name," I bargained with him. Fuuto fell back against the edge of the bed, his head plopping on the white blankets which creased under the weight.

For a moment, only the sound of my vain attempts to straighten the schedule echoed in the room. Then; "I didn't think you would comment on it," Fuuto snickered. "Am I being too familiar with you?"

"Can I take the liberty to call you Fuuto-chan too in that case?" I asked.
"Stop it, everyone will believe that I'm a girl if you do so," Fuuto pleaded, not sounding worried in the least.

"I don't think anyone would make that mistake."

"Keep flattering me," Fuuto teased as he leaned in my direction to rip the spreadsheet from my hands. Reluctantly, I let him take the schedule, wishing that we could have lingered a little longer on the slow conversation.

"I don't see what's wrong with this," Fuuto muttered as he read over the events.

"You only have twelve planned occasions to make Ema see you as a love interest. Today, we have already wasted one of these moment. If you don't improve your methods, she'll go to the culture fest gala with someone else," I reminded him. Although I didn't want to set Ema up with Fuuto, I would pay him back for the songs – it was the only way in which I could show the value placed in his music.

"For now, I think it's best to evaluate your failed attempts and see what factors have upset your schemes."

"You sound like you have already determined these factors," Fuuto commented as he handed the schedule back.

"Did you just cancel one of the dates?" I asked in disbelief, staring at the box which Fuuto had just finished crossing out. This Friday, he had initially wanted to take Ema to the mall, if I remembered correctly. "Can you afford to skip one of those?"

"I can," Fuuto affirmed without a shred of doubt, that I began to wonder what kind of secret weapon Fuuto had in his arsenal that gave him so much confidence. Deciding that this wasn't worth arguing over, I placed my index finger on the next date.

"Tuesday, you're going to intercept Ema when she's heading him from an appointment with Natsume," I surmised, scanning the elaborate descriptions in my mind. "You have five days to prepare for that date, but... Hey. Fuuto. Why am I mentioned here?"

Fuuto craned his neck to look at the sheet from his position. When he couldn't read his notes from his vantage point, he climbed on the bed and lay down behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"If you're with me on the terrace, she'll be more inclined to take a seat as well."

"Although I want to praise your self-awareness, I'm going to skip that step to point out an obvious problem; I have detention," I scoffed, failing to capture any real annoyance in my voice.