20

[Fuuto]: No.

[Y/N]: Care to share what parts weren't fake, then?

[Fuuto]: I want you to know that I regret making you cry.

[Y/N]: Thank you for apologising. I don't hold it against you since it started our partnership as schemers, but I'm happy that you apologised nevertheless.

[Fuuto]: You do try to reach the character limit for each of your texts, don't you? Did the notion of replying with an OK ever occur to you?

[Y/N]: Is that bad thing?

[Fuuto]: Not when you sound flustered.

If he kept raising my hopes only to bring me down again, I would end up with ground powder for a heart.

[Fuuto]: I got side-tracked, but I wanted to warn you. The tabloids will write about tonight, and they'll probably make something up that suits their tastes. I don't think they'll uncover your identity, but I wanted to warn you anyway.

[Y/N]: Says the one who accuses me of writing a wall of text. I understand, Fuuto. If that's the price that I'll pay for being on television, then so be it. Besides you said regretted making me cry.

[Fuuto]: Don't make me regret saying all that cheesy stuff.

[Y/N]: But you'll always regret making me cry more, right?

I loved teasing him because his embarrassment told me that he cared – just a little.

[Fuuto]: [Y/N]-chan! Perhaps you should fear my wrath more than the tabloids.

[Y/N]: I'll be waiting. When will you be home again?

[Fuuto]: Monday night. So, that won't mess with our plans for the date on Tuesday.

[Y/N]: Do you want to review our plans for Tuesday?

[Fuuto]: Is there something you would like to do?

[Y/N]: You should be asking these questions to Ema. What does it matter whether I like it or not? At this rate, you're going to miss that one chance you need to convince Ema. It's less than two weeks to the ball, Fuuto. Twelve days to be precise. Maybe, you should go on a date with Ema alone. I don't think my meddling had had a positive effect at all.

[Fuuto]: You're going, [Y/N]. Otherwise, there'll be consequences.

[Y/N]: And may I know what consequences you have in mind? Ema already has a lot of strange ideas in her head, besides she didn't dump Mahoko either when she confessed her love to you. I think Ema has stopped caring because she has something that concerns her more. Either way; your argument is void.

[Fuuto]: Maybe, I should give you a proposal that you can't resist, then.

[Y/N]: Go ahead, I'm curious to be given a proposal I can't resist.

Impress your number one fan, please.

[Fuuto]: You're the most unreasonable person I have ever met, [Y/N].

[Y/N]: Stop flattering me.

[Fuuto]: Is there something you want to have?

I chuckled bitterly, thinking of a dozen things that I wanted Fuuto to give me. Alas, they weren't things he could give away to me.

Sighing, I stared at the last text, trying to come up with something acceptable.