17

"You still forgot it, yesterday," I said as I offered Fuuto his jacket.

"Ah, thanks," he muttered, his gaze fixed on the screen of his phone as he took the leather jacket from me.

Ema observed us with a playful smile.

"Say, [Y/N]," she whispered, nudging me with an elbow. "How did you end up Fuuto's jacket?"

"He gave it to me since I was cold," I explained briefly.

"But what about that 'still'?" Ema asked, nudging me twice this time.

"He dropped by to get the jacket later that evening, but he still forgot it."

"Oh, did he now? Why did he forget? What did you do to make him lost track of what he intended to do?" Ema inquired.

I hoped that Ukyo would arrive to pick us up soon.

Nervously, I glanced at Fuuto.

"He sang for me," I mumbled when Fuuto didn't offer me any support.

Genuine surprise appeared in Ema's expression.

"Did he now?" she muttered, an amused smile appearing on her face. "He never sings for any of us."

Feeling very content and proud of this fact, I shrugged.

Giggling, Ema hit me between the shoulder blades, aiming carefully to avoid hitting the wheelchair.

"You don't even need my meddling," she concluded.

I hummed evasively, not quite sure where she saw any progress. Fuuto was absorbed in doing whatever it was on his phone, not even acknowledging our presences. After his arrival, he had fought with Yuusuke briefly before deciding to ignore us all.

Fortunately, Ukyo arrived then, a black sub stopping in front of the school gates quietly. Ema pushed my wheelchair to the car, a broad grin on her face.

Somehow I ended up in the front of the car next to Ukyo who drove us to Sunshine Residence. On the row behind us, Ema leaned against the window behind Ukyo. Typically, this should have caused a fight over the seat in the middle. Fuuto, however, had decided to plop down behind me, letting Yuusuke take the best spot.

Although I wasn't sure for what reason, Fuuto had been giving Ema more space to breathe as of lately. At first, I had felt that he had lost interest, but maybe this was just a new strategy.

Unfortunately, this new strategy still required my involvement in every single step. Did Fuuto ever consider how much strain he put on my heart by using me like this? He probably didn't.

In fact, I wasn't sure whether he realised that my feelings for him weren't those a fan harbours for her favourite idol. Sometimes, however, he acted like he knew that I had the biggest crush on him.

Yuusuke had ended up crammed in the middle between Ema and Fuuto. Currently, he was talking in a hushed voice with Ema who responded earnestly in an equally soft voice. Disinterested, Fuuto scrolled through something on his phone, stopping every once in a while to type something.

I twisted my neck to get a better look.

"I have been wondering this for a while now, but what are you always doing on your phone?" I asked.

"Investing in the stock market," Fuuto answered drily.

For a moment, I blinked, dumbstruck by his answer.

"Oh?" I inquired vaguely, desperately looking for the correct answer in this case. Then, Ukyo started laughing heartily, giving me a hint.

"That was a joke," I said accusingly, which made Fuuto laugh too.