Meeting Azriel and Cassian

What if Azriel and Cassian had decided to go say hi to Feyre during her second week at the Hewn City. Set during chapter 11 of ACOMAF.

*************************************************************************************************

Feyre POV:

Feyre hadn’t seen Rhysand all week, neither had she seen Morrigan. What was fine by her, she didn’t feel like having people around anyways. She had taken to reading in one of the little lounges overlooking the mountains, and had almost finished her first book when she heard something. No, not something, but someone; multiple someones it seemed. And they were coming her way.

“I’m never helping Rhys pick out his clothes again,” murmured a male - his voice like shadows given form, dark and smooth.

“Me neither,” said a second deep male voice. “Isn’t that Nuala and Cerridwen’s job?! How the hell should I know what color he should wear, I wear armor most of the time, not fancy suits,” the male continued.

Feyre felt utterly confused. Were these people seriously talking about Rhysand and his clothes?  

“Did you know he gave a hour long speech yesterday about how onyx and jet black are two completely different shades of black?” the first male asked the second. Then he went on in a high whiny voice imitating Rhysand. “No Azriel, this one is totally different from that one. Don’t you see that? No I don’t see the difference between two identical black suits Rhys!” it was clear that the male was smiling when he talked about his High Lord.

“No!” the second male laughed and Feyre couldn’t help but snort in amusement at the ridiculous story. But that amusement faded quickly she had been to distracted by the story to notice how close the two males where to her little lounge. But now they were in front of her: both of them were tall, their wings tucked in tight to powerful muscled bodies covered in plated, dark leather that reminded her of the worn scales of some serpente beast. Identical long swords were each strapped down the column of their spines - the blades beautiful in their simplicity. Like their High Lord, the males - warriors- were dark-haired, tan-skinned. But unlike Rhysand, their eyes were hazel and fixed on her.

Azriel POV:

The shadows that always accompanied him had told him she had heard every word of their little story.  They had also told him she found it funny.  It seemed like their plan was working. The plan to go say hi to the girl they had heard so much about. Cassian and he had come up with it last week when they “accidentally” overheard Rhys and Mor arguing about Feyre, how he was sure that Feyre hated him, how she only saw him as the High Lord of Nightmares, as a villain. So the two of them had decided that they should show Feyre that Rhys is the High Lord of Dreams. They also decided to make Rhys seem like the Dork of Darkness he truly is.

Now, standing in front of the girl, something in his heart broke. She was so skinny, like grief was eating her alive, the dark circles under her eyes stark against her pale skin. Gods, had the girl slept at all after what happened after UTM? Why was no one at the Spring Court helping her? Azriel decided then and there that he would sent spies to Spring, even in Rhysand had told him not to. He realized he was staring at the girl, and tried to come up with something to say. Lucky for him - or not - Cassian was now talking to her.

Cassian POV:

Now that Cassian saw the girl Rhys and Mor had been talking about, saw that she looked more dead than alive. He decided that Spring Court was a court of numbered days. And after he was done ripping that court into small pieces, he was going to talk to Rhys. Hell, he was going to kick his ass across Velaris for not getting the girl out of the Spring Court months ago. Why the hell was Rhys sending her back to that shit eating horrible excuse of a High Lord. Cassian noticed that Azriel had gone rigid next to him. Shit they had to say something. So he opened his mouth and started talking.