2: New friend?

??? POV

Realising I had alarmed him I quickly held my hands up in a 'surrender' gesture, he seemed to get the message and stood down. 'Hey, kid, you hungry?' I asked.

'First, I have a name, it's Danny, and second, who are you and why are you helping me?' The kid, now known as Danny, said sassily.

'Well Danny, that's three things. My name's Rosie; I'm 18, I own a book store called Clockwork's, and you look like you need help. Do correct me if I'm wrong.' I replied in the same tone. He huffed in defeat and rolled his eyes before following me. When I mentioned the name of my bookstore, he seemed surprised; maybe he is the young halfa, Phantom; that would explain his aura. It was different than Vlad's, but his powers were frozen as they were when he was turned. (He is still a halfa, this just makes him sound like a vampire. Not sure he's too far off tbh.)

-Time skip-

When we got back to my home/ store, I warmed up some curry. He wolfed it down like he hadn't eaten in a while.

Danny pov

This girl is only a few years older than me, and she's living alone, running a bookstore. I noticed she was wearing fingerless gloves and a jacket indoors where it was warm.

'Aren't you warm?' she looked shocked for a moment then shrugged awkwardly and played with the hem of her gloves. Respecting her privacy, I moved on, and she seemed relieved. 'How much business do you get?' I asked.

'The local teens and some adults come here a lot, mainly for comic books or study guides, but we have had a few rather well-known customers.' She responded cryptically. 'What kind of well-known people?' I was stubborn and intrigued, which isn't the best combination, according to Sam.

'Occasionally, we get a few of the teen titans in; I have a rather eclectic collection of books.' How the heck is she so chill about the flipping TEEN TITANS visiting the store, now that's cool. Then she asked the question I was dreading.

A/N a bit longer! Rosie will become a major character; her backstory will be revealed, eventually. Let's just say she isn't quite normal... or human. ~Sideways