11: Frustrated Super heroes abound

Things had been quiet since the incident at the book shop, and our heroes were taking a well-deserved break—all except Robin and Danny that is. Robin had been scouring all the adoption records he could find, but had, as of yet, found nothing. Danny had been looking for information on the Graysons; he had been affected more than he thought he would be by what he saw. Unluckily for them, the Fentons had never properly adopted Danny, and The records had bee changed by Rosie only mear days before.

Both of them had been finally convinced to take a break, so naturally, that is when an unexplained fire had suddenly started on the main street. Danny had been quick to arrive but was still beaten by Rosie, who was already fighting of the spirit known as Fire-Fly. She had a distinct hatred for all beings with a water-based core due to her death and was basically the NR's equivalent of the box ghost.

The Titans arrived shortly after Phantom and set to work trying to control the fire. That failed miserably. Raven was successful in blocking it in, and just when she was beginning to be overloaded, the light stopped spreading. Rosie who had just shoved Fire-fly through the portal and closed it doused the entire street with water, much to the annoyance of Cyborg.

Phantom recovered first and quickly went invisible and intangible before flying off. By the time the team of teenage suppers had gathered their wits, they were gone.

Meanwhile, the titans arrived back at the tower looking like embarrassed, drowned rats. Beast boy was the first to speak:

"What was that she took her down so easily and we could do nothing! How?"

Raven and Robin had both been surprisingly quiet. Robin had quickly gotten over her beating them to the seen and instead was focusing on working out what these new beings were. Raven knew what they were, and it had hit her just who Robin was stalking.

After listening to Beast Boy's bitching for a while, Robin went back to his room to continue hunting. At this rate, he was starting to think his brother wasn't adopted at all.

In his room at the book store, Danny was in a similar situation; only he was faced with firewalls even Tucker couldn't get into.

Down the hall, Rosie was acting on a hunch. She knew Danny had asked her not to look into his past, but she was curious and well aware that there would be some serious hacking involved. Still, Rosie knew he was probably repressing memories due to the grief being painful. The way he had become a halfa could have also affected his mind; her fall certainly hadn't left her memories intact, not that there were many she would want to keep.

Something else was troubling her, too; it had been far too easy to get the paperwork to become Danny's legal guardian. It was becoming apparent the Fenton's hadn't adopted him legally. That made her wonder if they had a hand in his memory problems. While Jack may be a hopeless idiot, Maddy was smart and dangerous, if a little obtuse at times.

(Thanks to @tobeakat for the help sorting through the plot. ~Sideways)