3: Introductions

Rosie pov

'How did you get here?' I asked, hoping I was wrong. 'My parents kicked me out; they said I had to go or...' he tried not to break out in tears, then I did something neither of us expected, I hugged him. That was a mistake; I think he noticed me flinch. This power is more of a curse than a blessing.

 He needed it, though. I've been there, my 'parents', the Smiths, kicked me out three years ago when they discovered I was a dark angel. Them being demon hunters, me being a dark spirit/ fallen angel/ human hybrid; they didn't take it well. Things weren't pretty. Instead of telling him that I went with:

'I can relate, my adoptive parents kicked me out at fifteen, an old friend of my birth family found me, and took me in. Now I'm here.' He seemed shocked, so I waited for a minute before continuing. 'I take it you don't have a place to go, if you help out with the bookshop you can stay here, you can pretend to be my brother or something...' trailing off as he snaps out of his trance and just shot up and hugged me. I flinched violently, and he stepped back, confused. I didn't want to talk about this, so I just shook my head when he opened his mouth to speak. He understood, and I squeezed his shoulder. Give it time, I told my self, once you know him better it'll be more comfortable. I finally had a family again, or a chance at one at least, I can't mess this up. Just then, there was a bang. I felt the dimensional fabric rip and silently groaned. Such perfect timing these rifts have.'Danny, go upstairs and lock yourself in the room at the end of the hall.'Once he is gone, I transform into my alter-ego: Midnight. The blaze of golden fire lasts for around a second and my black turtle neck and jeans were replaced with a skin-tight black turtle neck suet with deep blue long gloves and long boots that end mid-thigh. My eyes are a midnight blue with specks of gold, and my hair is similar; I have it up in a high ponytail. My wings match but are impractical, so I keep them hidden. I teleport out and find the entity. He is a small, stout man that I recognise as puppet meister; he can control anything he touches. I shoot an energy blast and knock him down he gets back up and launches himself at me, I dodge as he flies past. He's such a pest. His demonic mail-box charges at me and is promptly smashed to pieces by a green ray. Standing to my left is the infamous Phantom and my suspicions are confirmed, sort of. This catches him off guard, and he is down for the count. Quickly I pull out a knife and slit my palm, letting a few drops of blood fall to the ground, using this I open a portal. I can open portals without doing this, but my blood makes it easier as it is currently the link between the Perdita Spe and this dimension. That's a long story I don't want to remember.

(A/N Sorry my fight seen sucks! If you guys want a bonus chapter on Rosie's backstory let me know in the comments, even if this is marked as complete. )