Author's Note

Author's Note:

Wow. 

And here I end my first attempt at a space-related story.

It was fun, and I loved hearing from all of you.

For the talkative ones, I got to see the story through your comments, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed some of the conversations we had. Although I do apologize for not handing out parachutes for some of those cliff-hangers.

For the silent voters, I appreciated your quiet dedication, and I thank you for each and every vote. It meant a lot to me.

A huge thank you to all of those who helped me catch errors and polish this story up to create this little gem. A round of applause to my main editors - @hippopatacampus, @Medley_Lover, @Misain, and @JaneTheFirefox; all of whom spent more than a few hours helping me with my persistent typos and questionable grammar.

It was my first attempt at writing in response to a prompt – and even though I had intended to create a short story, once it surpassed the 100,000 word mark, I decided that it was a teeny tiny bit too big to fit into that category. :)

I have yet to master the fine art of short stories. They have an odd tendency to explode into several hundred thousand words... lol.

I have no plans for a sequel, although there are plenty of openings for a side-story if I decide to come back to this world.

Some statistics on the story:
This was my eighth book.
Writing Time: 4 months
First chapter was posted on April 1, 2018.

Completed: July 6, 2018

~127,000 words (Roughly 224 pages in a word document – single spaced)

Fanfiction & Spinoffs:

I've had a few inquiries, and yes, people may write fanfictions and spinoffs as long as proper credit is given. Please list my story title and username in either your summary and/or Chapter one.

Example: My story was inspired by 'A Starship Called Starsong', which was written by @CrystalScherer.

If you want, when you post it, let me know and I can add it to my reading list which is dedicated to such spinoffs.

Please note that I do not accept offers to translate my story as I may need those language rights if I ever publish it.

Feel free to check out my other books! You can click on my profile picture or use this link:  www.wattpad.com/user/CrystalScherer 

For a list of my upcoming stories or what I'm working on, please check out my 'What's Up?' book.

Have an Awesome day!

And here is my first piece of fanart! @predaconWyvern kindly made it for me.

And here is my first piece of fanart! @predaconWyvern  kindly made it for me