Chapter 3

We sat there content in the feeling of togetherness. Sometimes all you need is one person who can understand. May tried to, they really did. I cannot at anytime take away, but no one really did understand. No one knew what it felt to be alone.

Papa had lost Maa too, but she had left the world, she had always loved him, was happy but had just left the world. He was here, with me. I knew exactly where, but I still couldn't go run into his arms. I still couldn't accept everything. It was same for him as well.

Just being together with him, had cleaned up so many things that went wrong between us.

He picked me up bridal style, and took me back to his flat. He didn't mind the onlookers. My hairline was enough proof for everyone. He had unflinchingly told, "She is my Wife." And in a tone that was meant to be obliged, long back, and since then no one bothered us.

His eyes, were only focused on me, why was it that he always unnerved me by the mere intensity of his love. I was always surprised, even though he had said that over a thousand times, that he couldn't survive without me. I couldn't either, I knew, but at least I had tried living. I had at least tried to make myself a little less affected. He probably smothered himself even more.

When we reached his flat, he placed me on the sofa, and went to his bed room. He came back with 3 bottles of whiskey, I had a low key knowledge of what was about to happen, so I let him continue. He went back to gt one another small bottle from the pockets of his blazer.

One by one he poured it all in the dustbin. He knew I hated the fact that he was killing himself. He hated too. But if I try to understand him, it had become a necessary evil for his survival. He didn't want to do it, but there was no easy way out of what he was dealing with.

There was no one he could go to. No one who understood his pain. No one who cared enough to talk to him once. No one to ensure some ounce of normalcy in his life. He was practically alone in a house which harboured 6 others as well.

His mother hated my name, his father was already trying to compose himself and handle a dysfunctional family. He was way too old to ask help from his aunt and uncle. His brothers way too young to help him. One person who he could go to, one person who he could cry in arms of even she had left.

There was no one for him, in that house. Yes they all probably cared, they probably wanted to, but no one could get inside his shell.

He emptied all his bottles. His anger on himself apparent, over how he had tried to destroy himself. A small tear had managed to pool around edge of my eye, he dumped the last bottle, and came to me kneeling.

"Never again. I promise." He told me, gently brushing that traitor. I was too overwhelmed, again blown away by the knowledge of how much authority I held over him.

He took my hand within his and kissed it very softly, laying his head in my lap.

"I love you Jaan. And I knew a lot. These two years reinforced the fact of just how much. " he told me.

"I love you too Kartik." I replied. Kissing the back of his head. And pulled him to me, snuggling into his arms.

We settled in our room post dinner, and he pulled me closer to himself, "I'll have the best sleep after long time tonight."

"Me too it seems, after all I have my teddy no?" She replied.

Snuggled in his arm, my head on his shoulder, his arm entwined around me, I slept like a baby, knowing the nightmares would be chased away, just by his smell.

Kartik's POV

I was awakened by some stupid thought, but what I opened my eyes to was the most beautiful sight. She was sleeping, content and happy in the ring of my arms.

She had fallen while I thought she had left him. She was hurt that I didn't care, I was hurt that she didn't. In our stupidity, we let our families dictate our moves. We blindly believed whatever they told us.

They weren't wrong from their perspective, but in their own perspective, they saw us as individuals. That was the whole problem.

We didn't exist as individuals, these two years proved that we were a pack. Our existence alone, was the whole problem. Our togetherness brought everyone together.

I had for the whole time thought that she had left me when I and my family wanted her the most. I blamed her because she had left, because she didn't trust me enough to stay.

She had been upset that I didn't trust her enough to know that she wouldn't, that I didn't care enough to come back.

A worried mother drove my reactions, an anxious father drove hers. But what our parents couldn't see, that we couldn't possibly exist without each other.

Our parents thought that other was providing us the pain, that it should be kept away. But the truth was the other was our medicine that's what they kept away. Pushing us into an abyss of helplessness and lovelessness.

I kissed her onto her forehead again, when she snuggled deep into me. Uttering the words, that I had come to hate, "I love you Naira"

And I could see a smile and content play on her lips.

Authors Note -

Hello. And let me clarify I didn't copy anybody. I had written it before today's telecast. So I didn't write that part again. It's too much of coincidence that makers and my brain works in similar ways.

Tho. Jokes apart. Don't forget to review. And apologies for delayed updates😝😝😝

Keep watching yrkkh only on Star Plus at 9.30

Keep loving kaira shivin and yrkkh

Happy reading.