Chapter 4

Kartik's POV

It was still a few hours into the morrow, before it happened. Profuse sweating, increasing heat, so much that I had to peel myself away from her.

I decreased the temperature of AC, cursing the weather of Mumbai. It had always been so unpredictable, now that it was raining, the heat must decrease, but here we are. I was about to go to the bed, when my stomach turned.

I went to the washroom, and emptied my ever so empty stomach, but it happened again, and then again. I knew what was up, I was waiting for it to strike back. But I wasn't going to give in. I was much stronger.

The desire had been high ever since. Ever since I was pouring it out. But I had promised her, and it wasn't strong enough to break my promises to her.

With shaky hands I reached the tap. Wishing the water could wash off this phase. Wishing that were enough to allow my body take away the heat. I had read all this, I knew what was happening, heck I didn't expect it to he so brutal.

They had said, engage yourself, ignore the thoughts. I washed up and went to the kitchen, trying to get the shivering under control, she would wake up anytime. I didn't want her to know this, it would only make her feel bad.

I went to the kitchen, and began with making some tea and breakfast, with my limited skills. I knew she loved bed tea from me.

With shaky hands, and shivering becoming prominent every passing minute it was proving more and more difficult. The thoughts that were remaining that I needed it. I took a deep breaths, three times to calm myself and concentrate on job at hand.

But the situation worsened. I grabbed hold of the edge of kitchen counter to calm myself, concentrating on breathing I wished for whatever it was to pass away. But it wouldn't budge.

I fell to the floor and curled into a ball. The breaths becoming laboured. I felt suffocated. It felt like someone was smothering me from inside. Everything was moving, my head felt heavy, hands didn't stop shivering.

I tried my hardest, to concentrate on my breathing, to concentrate on what I have. I did my best, but it seemed that I was fighting a loosing battle. That it was going to engulf me.

Naira's POV

I knew he was awake. He thought he would surprise me with bed tea, but I had felt when I became too cold due to his absence. Though with the smell of tea in air, I waited. Not wanting to ruin his surprise. But soon, the pungent smell, took over and I was rather worried that did he sleep on the kitchen counter?

Laughing at the thought, I untangled myself from the duvet and proceeded to the kitchen. What I saw was probably the worst sight of my life, he seemed to be rocking on the floor, curled up completely. His hands trying to grip his shoulders, his face set in determination, but toes curled up, as if stopping himself from something.

I didn't understand what was happening, all I knew was that he needed someone. Whatever it was, it wasn't pleasant.

"Kartik" I shouted, he looked up, his eyes scared, shouting for help, but at the same time afraid of something. Me? I didn't know.

"Kartik what's wrong?" I asked him.

He wasn't in a state to answer, but I was at loss of what to do? I helped him up a bit, and made him sit up, he was completely sweaty, I wiped some off by table cloth in proximity, and tried to get him to look at me. But he wouldn't look at me.

"Kartik what's wrong?" I asked again. He just held himself closer to himself. Trying to breathe. I didn't understand anything at all.

"Tell me." I said feeling helpless, I got up, going to call a doctor, he caught hold o my hand, and shook his head. "Stay" he said. And I couldn't not oblige. I went back to him, and asked, "What happened?"

"Withdrawal" He whispered. And then it clicked. He was facing withdrawal. This was what was bound to happen, now that his system was detoxifying.

"Jaan, come let's get you a little comfortable." I told him, there was nothing we could do, but let it pass.  I helped him to our bed, and applied some cold water sponges. He was burning with fever as well.

I gave him a paracetamol for fever, and lemon juice to settle his stomach. And urged him to sleep. Cradling him in my arms. He wasn't magically better. No. He was still shaking, time and again, but he did drift in to a fitful sleep.

"I love you Jaan, and I'm here, for whatever it's worth." I said caressing his head. He pulled me closer to himself, in his sleep I thought, but he whispered, "I know"

I kissed him on his forehead, and nodded. I wanted to make it better, I wanted to help him. But there was nothing I can do, but provide for love, care and attention. He had to deal with the rest.

Authors Note-

Wishing that they show something like this regarding his drinking in show. And it's way to difficult being a personnel in the community and to romantasize illness😂
I had tried but as you see in the abrupt end it simply didn't fit.

There is nothing beautiful about withdrawal ever. It's hard and insane. And there is nothing you can do but wish that it'll pass. Medical help is necessary, whatever I wrote for Kartik is 1 percent of what usually happens. Contact a DOCTOR ASAP if you wish to help.

What's most important is the intent and that is only thing that'll help K here!

Do tell me how did you like this one. Please

And keep watching yrkkh on TV we need our no. 1 position back.

Keep loving kaira shivin and yrkkh

Happy reading.