Kara

I looked up to the clouds, as I was moving the clothes to the basket and wishing for good today. "BITCH! Where is my beer?!" My husband yelling at the morning. I sighed, and walked back inside; getting what he wants. "Good morning dear" "shut up!" He scold me and went to watch the TV. I went and prepared breakfast on the table, and went to check on Alice. I went upstairs and knocked on her door, "Alice?" I went opened the door and checked on her. Alice wasn't on her bed, but on her little fort, "Good morning, are you ready for school?" I asked, and she nodded. "How about you go down and eat your cereal, while I prepare your bag" she move shaked her head an 'no'. "Okay, how about you wash up and I prepare your bag, THEN we can walked downstair together? "She nodded and got up. As she washed up, I place clean clothes on her bed and packed her things. Alice walk back in her room, and I help her change her clothes. "Are you ready for school?  Will you see Shaun Mars in school this year?" She smiled when I mention her best friend "Yea, same grade this year" I smiled and we went downstairs. Alice ate her cereal, Todd drank his beer and watch his game, while I dressed up for work. "I'll see you soon" I mumbled to Todd and tried to kiss his cheek, but he shrugged me off. "Fuck off" I sighed and signal Alice to come along, and we walked to her school. As I dropped Alice to school, noticing she said hi to her friend, must be Shaun then walking inside the school. "Hello you must be Alice's guardian" a voice next to me spoke, I looked to see a man, with a well shaved beard and wearing a nice green shirt. "Yes, I'm Alice's mother... well step-mother" I spoke quietly as he smiled, "hello I'm Ethan Mars, shaun's father" "I'm Kara Lawrence" I looked at my watch "I better go to work, it's nice to meet you Mr. Mars" we wave each other bye. As a cleaning lady, I walked up to my scheduled house to clean. "Good morning Ms. Grace, should I prepare the room" I went in the house on time, as my client came down on her phone. "Morning Kara, make sure the house is spotless today, I'm preparing a faculty party here... No, Ethan I'm not talking to you... and make sure my clothes are clean then brought it up. I'll be working here today, so if you need me, I'll be in my office." She spoke and went on her way, as I went to my work. 'Washed the dishes, did the laundry, clean the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and last I need to vaccuum the living room' I thought as I was bringing out the vaccuum. I cleaned every inch of the place, and I notice a picture, a family picture. Ms. Grace, along with a man and two sons, 'wait... isn't that Mr. Ethan and Shaun Mars?' I looked at the picture once more "it is them... then this must be shaun's brother?" I spoke to myself quietly amd place the picture back. "Kara! Are you almost done?" Ms. Grace called out, "Yes Ms. Grace, I'm done now" "thank you so much, you look exhausted how about some coffee, kara?" "Oh no thank you, Ms. Grace. I have to go to the next client" "are you sure?" I nodded and smiled, "then how about some leftovers to go?" "But Ms.--" "Nonsense on saying no Kara, I insist! I can't eat like a cow" we smiled and giggled. She gave me a my payment paper bag of leftovers and I waved goodbye. I looked at my phone, "well it's my break, should I go home?" I said to myself, not wanting to see Todd right now. *Ring* my phone rang, "hello?" "Hey Kara!" It was Lauren, my best friend since college. "Lauren, how are you?" "Doing better... do you want to grab lunch with me?" "Yes please" "hurry up then, it's near the motel you  are working on next." I took the next cart that leads to my way of work.  The cart dropped me off and I went on my way, suddenly "oofh!" "Oofh! I dumped into someone. "Are you alright Ma'am?" The voice above me spoke, so I looked up and I notice a man. A tall, dark brown hair, and brown eyes man in a suit, "Ma'am?" I went back to reality, and got up. "Yes, I'm so sorry--" I notice he has a police uniform and badge. "Officer!! I'm so so sorry, I didn't... I mean... I--" "it's alright, I'm good, just a bit of coffee spill" "really?! Here let me help you!" I brought out clean wipes, and clean off some but he stopped me. "Really it's okay, I have to go. Lieutenent is waiting for me" he pointed out to the man beside the police car, smirking. I blushed and said, "then please you take these to clean up... I'm so sorry" I looked down and up to see, he was smiling and in return He got the bag if wipe from me. "Thank you, and don't worry Ms." He then walked away and drove off. I walked in the cafe and see Lauren waving and smiling at me. "So tell me what happened with you and sexy cop there?" She laugh and I sat down with her.