Kara

I woke to what I thought was the house I once lived in instead I'm sleeping next to Lauren in her apartment. I slowly got up, wash my face and tied my hair; noticing that Lauren is still sleeping and Alice is sleeping on the couch. I will be making them breakfast, preparing pancakes, milk, coffee, eggs and bacon, 'simple breakfast, I don't want to use all of Lauren's food' I thought as I place everything on the table. "Mmm Kara?" A young voice woke up and came up with a messy hair, along with a older lady coming out of the room. "Something smells too good to be true" a mumbling Lauren sat down ate her breakfast like it was a feast. "Good morning you two" I smiled and brought Alice to sit down. "I hope you don't mind if I made breakfast already... I'll replace your groceries" I told Lauren as I place food infront of alice and poured coffee for Lauren. "Don't worry about it... if I can keep eating your food like this, you can use anything there!" She said as she drank her coffee. I drank my coffee as the girls chatted nicely, and laughing together, "Kara, may I wash up?" Alice asked as she place her plate away "go ahead" as soon as she left, it was now Lauren and I. "So what will you be doing now, Kara?" I looked up at Lauren as I dozed around at my coffee. I spoked, "I'll be checking for apartments today, I have enough money for rental. I'll be looking for a new job... I can call ms. Grace if she can be my lawyer." It was a good thing I known about Ms. Grace line of work, she had files with her everyday. "How about Alice? Surely now, people at school will be talking about it." "We are just going to have to live with it.. I suppose... maybe I can change her school once she will be a middle schooler..." "I suppose... you know, I'm really okay with you guys living here..." I smiled at her, "I would love to, but we can't burden you" "but--" "how about this... if they have an available unit in this place... I'll get it" "really?!" I nodded. "Kara, I'm done!" Alice spoke fro  the other room, "alright sweetheart, I'll be there.... Lauren, find out for me if there is a good unit here for me?" "No problem, I was meaning to have you back in my life unless a certain policeman comes for you then yoy can have my blessing" "Lauren!" I blushed as she laughed at me, "Connor and I are acquantances!" "I didn't mention Connor, you did honey" she smirked as she washed the dishes and spoke, "Now hurry up, Alice will be late for school" Alice and I went on our way to her school. As we got there, it is what I expected, people coming towards me, telling us that they were sorry for what happen, mummuring voices. "Good morning Ms. Lawrence... morning Alice!" Shaun, came and greeted us followed by his father. "Hello Kara" Ethan greeted me as I greeted him back, looking at the two kid who are now going inside. "I heard what happen... I'm sorry if there is anything I can do--" "thank you Ethan, but it's alright... just going to have to turn this stuff around" I smiled in return he smiled back, "well good for you... care to walk with me" I nodded and we walked until he pass the route I needed to go. "Umm I need to ask... does Shaun have brother?" I asked, but Ethan was surprised about that, "it's just I'm part of the cleaning service and one of my clients is Ms. Grace--" "it's okay Kara, just startled me... ahh so you clean that place makes me wonder how she does it" he smiled to reasurred me, "Shaun had a brother... he passed away... hit by a car" "I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked--" "it's okay, it happen 2 years ago... I'm... we are doing good, I got seperated from Grace, ex-wife now, but I found this amazing girl and help turn this around, if you could say" "I'm happy for you, and again I didn't mean to ask cause of hurtful thoughts.... its because there are pictures of you and him in Ms. Grace's house" I told him and he nodded, "don't worry about it, atleast now we have something in common, right?" I nodded in agreement. We walked as reached my route, "thank you Ethan for a nice walk" "that's what friends do" we wave each other goodbye. I went on to Ms. Grace's house, and she immediatedly agreed to help me gather divorce papers. "One more thing I should be telling you Ms  Grace" "yes?" "Since I'll be taking care of Alice for now... I need to find a job with... more pay... so I'm leaving the cleaning agency..." "I see... well it is sad that you'll be leaving not only as my cleaning maid... but as a friend as well" I nodded down my head, feeling sad, "don't be sad my dear, I'm actually happy for you... I always imagine you doing much more than this" "thank you Ms.--" "call me Grace" We smiled at each other, and gave each other a hug, I did everything I need to do until I can pick up Alice. I walked to the school, and Alice came hugging my legs, "woah, hey Alice was your day?" "It was good, everyone hugged me today" I felt the warmth on Alice as hold my hand, "Can we get ice cream Kara?" I looked at my phone, "sure, we can have ice cream." We walked near the ice cream parlor, when Alice spoke out loud, "Mr. Officer!" "Alice what are you--" I looked at where Alice pointed at , well I guess to who... "Connor?" He was standing with his fellow officer and turn to us, "hello you two" we walked forward to them, "is everything alright?" I asked holding on to Alice, "yes, just having lunch"  Connor sadi pointing to the stand next to the ice cream place. "Oh well, would you like to have ice cream with us?" "N-no it's ok--" "sure why not" "Lit. Hank!" I smiled at the two, as the older man spoke with a hint of a smile "what's wrong Connor? You can't turn down a lady's offer." Then all four of us came inside to get ice cream, Alice got strawberry, Lit. Hank got chocolate, Connor with vanilla, and I have hazelnut. "So how are you Kara?" Connor asked as lit. Hank helped Alice play the crane game, "I'm doing good, I got a divorce lawyer and I got a new job at the bookstore" he looked at me, "it has better pay than the cleaning agency" "it's good" I smiled and asked him some stuff, "so what's it like as a cop?" "It's nice, mostly driving, files, and check on areas" "you know, my Dad was on the force" "really? Was he part of this divison" "yes and no, my Dad worked here for a short time then he wanted to join the military force... he believed there is much more for him out there... turns out it was dying out there" he touch my shoulder, and said, "if he died then he served well for his country" "I... I just wish he just stayed..." "well you can always believed that he wanted to make sure you live proud of where you are and where you from... putting it in his way." I smiled and touch his hand that was on my shoulder, "thank you Connor." His hand feels so warm, their rough but yet gently when touched. "Hey watch where you going, jackass?!" "What is it to you loser?!" "Want to go Presscott!" Young teens, fighting and yelling outside the shop. Three girls and two boys, one of the girls has blue short hair, one with a some kind of feather earring, and the lasst one has simple clothing. One boy was one of the richest boys in town, Nathan Presscott, in his red jacket, and the other was with the girls, wearing a science theme shirt. "Geez! Lets go Connor" Lit. Hank came out, before Connor would follow he looked at me and Alice, "stay here, it won't be long" "be careful Connor..." Alice warned him, "Don't worry Alice, I'll be fine." He walked along with his partner.