7: A Day Alone

A/N: So sorry this took forever to publish! I had a lot of technical difficulties with wattpad and it almost ended up deleting the whole story! Luckily I finally resolved the issue :) the next three chapters will be shorter than usual but they will be up quickly

Sunday morning I woke up when Elizabeth got out of my bed and headed to the bathroom. I felt at peace knowing we were on a good note. I got out of bed and looked down at my clothes and sighed. I had been borrowing Elizabeth's clothes since I got here but we definitely had very different styles. She was more conservative and relaxed with her outfits, meanwhile I prefer a more outgoing approach. Unfortunately, I knew asking Annette and Steve to take me to my house to get clothes would be a hard no.

I walked downstairs to find them sitting at the kitchen table sipping coffee, they smiled when they saw me.

"Hey, sunshine! How's it going?" Steve asked as I sat down next to them.

I smiled, "Pretty good. Um, I was wondering if I could go out and get some clothes today? I can't keep stealing Elizabeth's."

Annette grinned, "Of course! I could take you out to the mall or-"

"Well, actually you can't. Remember what the detective said? We can't let this get out that Ericka is back until they give us the okay. Plus, don't you have that charity auction today?" Steve pointed out.

She sighed, "That's right, I totally forgot. My mom is expecting Elizabeth and I to be there practically all day."

"And I have to head out to the office to catch up on some work before things get out of control. Are you okay with staying with Jacob today?" He asked me

I nodded, "We're pretty close now."

Right on cue, Jacob entered the room, "What's going on with me?"

"You and Ericka have the house to yourselves today, your mother and Elizabeth have to go to the auction and i have work." Steve told him.

Jacob shook his head, "I can't. I have practice with the band today and a gig tonight, remember?"

"You're in a band?!" I excitedly asked

"Yeah, me and my buddies. I play bass. We're pretty big in the area." Jacob explained.

"Oh hunny, can't you skip out on this one? Ericka shouldn't be here alone all day." Annette worried.

"I'm seventeen," I pointed out, "I don't think I need a babysitter."

"Oh, if you say so." Annette said as she stood up and kissed my head

----

"If you need anything, I wrote my number on a note in the kitchen and you can use the house phone to call me. Miss you!" Annette called as the car pulled off. I waved goodbye to her before going back into the house and sighing. I had the entire place to myself, a much needed break from the family.

I started off the day by wandering around to learn where everything was out. I was determined to know this house as well as my other home so I walked around each room and familiarized myself with the layout. It took quite a long time because the house was so massive. The basement was definitely my favorite part of the entire place. There was an air hockey table, mini bar, and an actual mini movie theatre. The screen was much smaller than actual movie theaters, but it was still super cool.

I wandered back upstairs and decided to just grab a bag of chips and spend the rest of the day binge watching netflix on the giant living room tv. It honestly felt just like i was back home.