11: Goodbye

A/N: Hey guys! I'm working really hard to get chapters up ASAP but I'm leaving on vacation Sunday-Wednesday and won't be able to write at all since chapters take 1-3 hours to brainstorm, write, and proofread. Sorry for the anticipation! Just be aware there will not be any updates the next few days but i will make sure a really good one is up Thursday :) 

My phone began to buzz and the caller ID read 'dad' I excitedly answered quickly, assuming it was my dad.

Steve's voice filled the phone, "Hi, sweetheart I need you to contact your previous school and get your transcript from them. The school administration is having a hard time finding it." 

I sighed and told him I would call the school before we hung up. I explained it to Annette and she commented, "Well, we're in town- why don't we just go there? Then you could see your friends too!"

Part of me wanted to say no, I have had enough sadness and goodbyes for the day. However, knowing it would be the last time I would be in that school, I agreed and began to give her directions to my high school.

I led Annette to the main office and instantly got stares from everyone I saw in the hallways. That confirmed my questioning of if people knew about my story yet.

While she explained the situation and worked on transferring everything to the new school, I wandered my way into the hallways. It was fifth hour, Stacy would be in anatomy and Blake would be in economics. I had to find them.

I went to Stacy first. Luckily, I knew the teacher well and was able to simply knock on the door, have her answer and explain that i needed to see Stacy without anyone else in the room seeing me. She sent Stacy out to the hallway and I instantly hugged her when she came out.

"What are you doing here? Aren't they making you stay in Westville?" She questioned me.

I nodded, "Yeah, today is my last day in town. I just had to come see you, you haven't been answering my texts. You have to come out and see me at the new house all the time, alright?"

Stacy fiddled with her hair tie on her wrist nervously, "Yeah, I'll see."

"What do you mean?"

"My parent's are kind of freaking out. After all the nights I spent around Mike and Lisa they're worried something else might happen if I continue to hang around you." She explained

"That's just ridiculous," I scoffed, "you know nothing would ever happen!"

She nodded, "Look, I gotta get back to class."

I frowned, "Text me later?"

She didn't answer me for awhile and just kept her back to me until she broke down and said, "It isn't easy. Everyone keeps looking at me and whispering about me. I'm known as the kidnapped girl's best friend now. They're saying I knew the whole time."

I gasped, "That's just stupid! You know that."

She shrugged, "Listen, Erika. You were my best friend since kindergarten and it was really great but you have your new life now so just let me find mine." 

I watched her re-enter the classroom and shut the door behind her. I felt frozen and I couldn't move. This had to be a prank. 

I brought myself back to reality and wandered down to Blake's classroom. The economics teacher at my school absolutely hated me so I sat down against the lockers outside the classroom and waited for the passing period bell to ring.  After what felt like forever, the bell rang and the classroom door opened. I stood up and looked for Blake to come out of the room but I wasn't prepared for what I saw.

Katherine Hutchens. The biggest bitch in the school who thought she was the best gift to earth, the girl who Blake and I had spent hours making fun of, was hanging on his arm laughing. I watched as they held hands and walked down the hallway. I couldn't help myself and followed them until I saw him kiss her goodbye and they parted ways. 

I stomped my way over to him and grabbed his arm, "What the hell was that?"

He looked down at me and shrugged, "What do you mean?"

I pointed at the direction Katherine went, "Uh, my boyfriend just came out of class with the biggest bitch in the world as if they're dating?"

He nodded, "Yeah, you didn't seem to care when I saw you with some other guy at the party."

I shook my head, "Have you not seen the news or listened to anyone lately? You saw Elizabeth, my twin sister, not me!"

He laughed, "Yeah, and you just saw Brandon, my twin brother."

"I'm being serious, Blake!" I said as I pulled the photo from my purse and showed him I really had a twin.

He shrugged, "So what? Do you expect us to keep a relationship when you're off with your fancy new family? You're causing a scene. Just go back to your new life and leave us all alone."

It took everything in me to not break down into tears right there. Everyone in the hall had circled around us and was staring. Suddenly I saw Annette push her way through the crowd. She came over next to me and looked Blake directly in the eyes, "You can stay the hell away from my daughter, punk."

The crowd all oo'ed at the burn she had made at him as she grabbed my hand, "He was much cuter in the photos by the way. Must have been a lot of photoshop."

I burst into laughter as we spun around and walked down the hall, still holding hands. We must have looked ridiculous. My new mom had just roasted the hell out of my ex boyfriend and now we looked like teenagers walking away from a fight. 

When I got into the car I felt myself fall from the high of Annette's comments towards Blake and replayed what had happened with Stacy and Blake. I had really lost the four people who meant them most to me in the world.

Luckily, they were being replaced with four people who clearly seemed to care a hell of a lot more than they did.